Dive Opportunity near Tampa - Friday 14 Oct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Folks

I will be staying in Tampa for a couple of days over the next weekend on business and
I would like to try to see if I can find a dive opportunity on Friday, 14 Oct in the afternoon, or maybe Sunday. Could someone suggest who I could talk to, to arrange a one or two tank charter or even a shore dive. I also would appreciate some advice on a dive location as I will likely only have one chance to dive and I have never dove in Florida before.
I am AOW qualified with about 70 dives under my belt.

I would also appreciate some advice on what the typical water temperature is so I can judge what thickness of wetsuit is suitable. Here in Kingston, ON Canada, we usually dive with two 7 mm layers as the temperature can vary between 44 to 70 degrees F.

I would also appreciate some suggestions on a good LDS as I may wish to pick up some dive gear during my stay. I will be staying in the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and will not have a car, so will be using a taxi to get around. I got the impression from one thread that Depth Perception Dive Centre is a good store. Is this my best choice for a good selection and a place to help me find a dive opportunity?

Thanks

Jim

Depth Perception is a very good store but they are hard-core Scubapro. Other than that they are my LDS of choice for most things.

**edit** you may also want to check HERE for a listing of local shops and charters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom