"Word On The Street" denial:Part 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
Recently it has come to my attention that the “Word on the SB/LBTS Street” is that I posses bad weather JUJU and on my next dive with certain unnamed blonds I will be sacrificed to the fair weather deities. I am here to firmly deny that I have such powers.

I can’t deny that right after my move to upstate NY we received one of the heaviest snowfalls in several years. Nor can I deny that it wasn’t long after my move to The Villages that we got hit with three hurricanes. And yes shortly after I moved down here to Hollywood the ocean became all but undivable and because I will be gone this weekend the diving will, inexplicably, improve. But coincidences all. Rest assured I do not retire to my cubby hole to perform feats of dark wizardry; in fact I believe that there are other parties (MOM!and a certain cave diving lawyer and a certin cave diving Villager) performing such inclement weather voodoo so as to keep me from attaining one of my goals for moving down here and to create a “kill the monster” mind set amongst the diving populace to force me back up to cave diving country. Well I'm not budging. Do your worst. I deny you!

I hope I have set the record straight.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have a chicken to prepare.

It's ok really. We have our garlic necklaces.

Stay on that coast, buddy... it's been nice having 2' to 12' of vis up at venice (depite the red tide) lately.

CBulla:
Stay on that coast, buddy... it's been nice having 2' to 12' of vis up at venice (depite the red tide) lately.

:crying:

SmokeAire:
Recently it has come to my attention that the “Word on the SB/LBTS Street” is that I posses bad weather JUJU and on my next dive with certain unnamed blonds I will be sacrificed to the fair weather deities. I am here to firmly deny that I have such powers.]

Well, if you bring JUJU-BEEs, I'll dive with you.

My advice ..... show up at LBTS with a surfboard.
The reverse logic will baffle the weather godz.
Flat seas guaranteed.

Actually, this sounds quite reasonable. Will there be a ceremony?

SmokeAire:
I will be sacrificed to the fair weather deities.

Hmmm....So if you came back up here to cave country...
I might have to break out the umbrella (and just when the rivers got back to normal levels here) :11:

Jeano Beano
Da Luraville Lemon :wink:

P.S. Make sure you bring that cave-diving lawyer and country person too !!! I need the buddies...(mine keep on vanishing somehow) :06:

Proof positive that this is true:

Forecast

SATURDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS
NEAR SHORE AND UP TO 2 TO 3 FEET WELL OFFSHORE. INTRACOASTAL WATERS
A LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SUNDAY
NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

Should conditions deteriorate weekend after next, ol' Chuckie-boy best watch his back!

Sooo... Marvel, are we gonna be ole Chuckie's buddies next dive???? :evil:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom