How to thread waist strap buckle????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirthead

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, this is a stupid question, but one I am not sure on. Yesterday, I received my DSS Hogarthian harness to replace the Pro-Fit harness on my single tank rig. Got it all installed and then came the waist buckle........not sure exactly of the correct way to install it. Is there a website with a diagram, or can anyone explain the correct way to thread the buckle on the waist strap??

By the way.....I like the Hog harness much better than the adjustable one. When I ordered my DSS single tank rig, I was worried about the ease of donning/doffing, and automatically thought the adjustable with quick releases would be easier. Well, I can say that the Hogarthian harness is much easier to don/dof. I think it is the way the Pro-fit has the shoulder straps crossed behind the neck that makes it a little harder to don. This can probably be changed, but I setup my Hog harness without crossing the straps behind my neck, and it slips on/off extremely easily. I am very happy with the Hog and would recommend it to anyone. Don't think that just because an adjustable harness has quick connects that it will be easier to put on/take off. In my opinion, the Hog is much much easier. I'm not ragging on the DSS Pro-Fit harness. It is a great adjustable harness with really soft webbing. I am sure it is probably one of the nicest adjustable harnesses out there. Just for me, the Hog feels better. I just thought someone going through the same decision making process as I did, might benefit from my experience.

dirthead:
Ok, this is a stupid question, but one I am not sure on. Yesterday, I received my DSS Hogarthian harness to replace the Pro-Fit harness on my single tank rig. Got it all installed and then came the waist buckle........not sure exactly of the correct way to install it. Is there a website with a diagram, or can anyone explain the correct way to thread the buckle on the waist strap??

By the way.....I like the Hog harness much better than the adjustable one. When I ordered my DSS single tank rig, I was worried about the ease of donning/doffing, and automatically thought the adjustable with quick releases would be easier. Well, I can say that the Hogarthian harness is much easier to don/dof. I think it is the way the Pro-fit has the shoulder straps crossed behind the neck that makes it a little harder to don. This can probably be changed, but I setup my Hog harness without crossing the straps behind my neck, and it slips on/off extremely easily. I am very happy with the Hog and would recommend it to anyone. Don't think that just because an adjustable harness has quick connects that it will be easier to put on/take off. In my opinion, the Hog is much much easier. I'm not ragging on the DSS Pro-Fit harness. It is a great adjustable harness with really soft webbing. I am sure it is probably one of the nicest adjustable harnesses out there. Just for me, the Hog feels better. I just thought someone going through the same decision making process as I did, might benefit from my experience.

Double click on the pix to get a zoomed view:

http://dir-diver.com/en/equipment/backplate_adjustment.html

Excellent! Thank You.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom