holding my breath for longer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trigger lover

Registered
Reaction score
i would like to be able to hold my breath for longer underwater while swimming. how can i go about improvinh? im a strong swimmer so itend to swim fast UW which tires me out, so i know i have to realx and slow down. anything else i can do? ultimalty, id like to hodl my breath underwater for 1 mintue while swimming. any ideas would be great.

thanks

trigger lover:
i would like to be able to hold my breath for longer underwater while swimming. how can i go about improvinh? im a strong swimmer so itend to swim fast UW which tires me out, so i know i have to realx and slow down. anything else i can do? ultimalty, id like to hodl my breath underwater for 1 mintue while swimming. any ideas would be great.thanks

True, relax, slow down, chill... try holding your breath while walking.. it's a great excersize for increasing stamina for working while doing apnea. Also, the first few breath holds in a series are the shortest and most difficult to hold.. warm up to the longer breath holds. Get over the burn... eventually you can train yourself to tolerate and work through that insatiable urge to breath..
and the given: in the water always train with a buddy.

Back
Top Bottom