PADI Instructor Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings Floridians,

I recently completed my PADI OW coursework and confined dives here in Vancouver. Due to assorted difficulties too numerous to mention here, I am planning on referring my check out dives to somewhere that has:
a) warm water temps
b) water conditions that are favourable to (struggling) newbies

and most importantly:
b) excellent instruction

As I won't be able to make this trip until June '06, I will also be in need of a refresher course, as well as extra pool time to practice my skills. (I will probably be in Florida for at least a week, so I think I've allowed enough time for this all to take place.)

So my question is ...

Is there an experienced and patient PADI instructor on board who would be interested in helping me get certified, or someone who could recommend an experienced and patient PADI instructor?

Please PM if you feel more comfortable.

Thank You! :)

annasea:
Greetings Floridians,

I recently completed my PADI OW coursework and confined dives here in Vancouver. Due to assorted difficulties too numerous to mention here, I am planning on referring my check out dives to somewhere that has:
a) warm water temps
b) water conditions that are favourable to (struggling) newbies

and most importantly:
b) excellent instruction

As I won't be able to make this trip until June '06, I will also be in need of a refresher course, as well as extra pool time to practice my skills. (I will probably be in Florida for at least a week, so I think I've allowed enough time for this all to take place.)

So my question is ...

Is there an experienced and patient PADI instructor on board who would be interested in helping me get certified, or someone who could recommend an experienced and patient PADI instructor?

Thank You! :)

I use Force-E in Boca Raton. They have both PADI and SSI instructors. My daughter took her check-out dives with them and it was an excellent experience. She had some difficulties and they worked with her.

Good Luck!

I be happy to help you get certified. Give my wife a call to get you set up and we'll take the time to review your material and skills needed to obtain your OW certification.
I also promise not to scream or use military tatics during the your training.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

Capt Gary:
I be happy to help you get certified. Give my wife a call to get you set up and we'll take the time to review your material and skills needed to obtain your OW certification.
I also promise not to scream or use military tatics during the your training.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

Hey Gary, it's Marco, how ya doing!!!

Gary and his wife run a first class operation, im sure you wouldn't be dispointed, they are very professional, plus you get the warm water's, and what better place then the key's !

>> I will also be in need of a refresher course, as well as extra pool time to practice my skills. (I will probably be in Florida for at least a week, so I think I've allowed enough time for this all to take place.)

So my question is ...

Thank You! :)[/QUOTE]

I had a very good experience with Divers Unlimited in Pembroke Pines. The refresher I took was thorough, Ric is a very dedicated and patient instructor with international experience, the pool on site is perfect, their own dive boat is well-equiped, and the open water dives were enjoyable, varied, educatonal, challenging, and confidence-building. He was happy to repeat things until the both he and the students were satisfied. The sites off Ft. Lauderdale offer depth, warm water in June, good animal life, and satisfying diving.

annasea:
Greetings Floridians,

Where are you going in Florida? It's a big state.

Please do tell us your location... if you will be in the Orlando area and don't mind jumping agencies, I would be glad to help!

Thx for the great suggestions!

As for *where*, I reckon I'll be flying into Miami. Another consideration is that I have a friend in Lehigh Acres that I'm planning on visiting (and hopefully diving with -- fingers crossed!) while I'm in Florida.

NetDoc, thank you for the offer but since I've already completed my course work and confined dives with PADI, I plan on finishing up the ocean dives with them as well.

So now that you have a rough idea as to where I'll be staying, any more suggestions? I'm all eyes!

:)

We're located in Melbourne Fl and run certification dives throughout the year to South Beach (Miami). Melbourne is located in central Florida on the east coast. We would be happy to facilitate your refresher & referral dives. Feel free to email us or call us if theres anything we can do to help. Our telephone is (321)255-1825

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom