Great Joke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesherpa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I heard a wonderful joke from one of the GUE instructors at Ginnie on Tuesday night.
As he walked over, he commented on how he once had a Dive Rite light. He informed me that he sold the light (in a Rubbermaid container) for $10. It was a great deal, he said, because the Rubbermaid container was worth $15.

Originally posted by Divesherpa
I heard a wonderful joke from one of the GUE instructors at Ginnie on Tuesday night.
As he walked over, he commented on how he once had a Dive Rite light. He informed me that he sold the light (in a Rubbermaid container) for $10. It was a great deal, he said, because the Rubbermaid container was worth $15.

LOL! DS I didn't think you were the "DIR" type... what're you doing hanging around GUE instructors? :D

They keep finding my "secret waterhole". :D

I'm actually good friends with one of them and we dive together a couple of times a month. He is the exception to the norm and doesn't mind diving with me, even though I'm a stroke. He dives independents when he dives alone, but knows Ginnie better than most people.

I saw the greatest thing in Ginnie 2 weeks ago. This was done by one of GUE's most active instructors and an employee of Extreme Exposure. Visual jumps!! not one or two, but 3 visual jumps. This isn't very kosher.

You are right WYDT, I'm not the DIR type. I prefer to practice what I preach.

I know what you mean about practicing what you preach.

I've seen a couple instructors talk about diving fitness and and the benefits that should probably take some up themselves.

My favorite though is when they say that smoking is not really good for diving and then light up.

I find myself just doing the same thing you are...I practice and then just talk about what I practice.

Rather than get caught up in the mess.

By the way the joke was good.
However I got him beat. I just gave away my DR light.

Nothing against DR, though. My dives just went beyond the 2 hour burn time. It burn it for 2:45 mins and just fried the battery. Nice thing about HID when it burns it burns. I went with a Pro 14/50W halogen (I thought it had 3 hours of burn but it seemed to give out alot sooner) I replaced the battery and was getting a solid 2.5 hours. Then my dives got a bit longer and my buddies got 18W HID heads for their lights. I just backed off the weight and got a pro6/10wHID for the same price as just getting the light head. It'll be a while before I exceed that ones burn time.

FYI: My dive today was cancelled...so I find myself cruising the pages of scubaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom