TransWeight 32 System - Sliding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnixSage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a DiveRite BP/W setup. I had it for my AOW course last weekend and it worked GREAT! Best rig I have dove yet. I only have one complaint, the "TransWeight 32 System ". The problem is during the dive it slides forward and encoumbers the D-rings on my hips. I did find an older thread that touched upon the subject but it boiled down to the system was not made to work with the simple single piece of webbing harness which is what I have and prefer. I have not found where it says this on Dive Rite's sites but given the problem I am having it seems to add up. My first thought was to take a piece of mason line (that I use to tie bolt snaps to accessories) and loop it through the pocket and the backplate seems a bit kluggy for something that cost $125 but the sliding is starting to bother me. I see some posts that suggest to wear a weight belt instead of intergraded. I have issues with them slipping off and I would like to see if I can get these to work. I also understand that they take a lot of belt real estate but if they are slid back against the plate it is much better. I seen an older design that used the shoulder strap to hold the pocket in place it seems to me that was a better design. Anyone augmented theirs of found a good solution?

If it's simple sliding, weight keepers should solve your problem.
http://www.diveriteexpress.com/hardware/slides.shtml

I recommend the serrated stainless; they're cheap and simple. That's what I use on my weight belt. I also tried out those webbing lock things, and found them near impossible to remove, even with pliers.

I have the smaller transweight system for my plate, and it suffers from the same problem. My solution was to take a length of 2 inch webbing and a couple of weight keepers and secure it to the plate. It takes a bit of figuring but with some time looking at the problem you should be able to figure it out, basically have the weight pockets hang in place independent of your main harness, but with the waist belt portion still running through the loops. I think that your solution with the mason line is the same as mine with the webbing, I just chose a different material. I am not able to take any pictures right now, but I hope my convoluted explaination helps.

Mark Vlahos

archman:
If it's simple sliding, weight keepers should solve your problem.
http://www.diveriteexpress.com/hardware/slides.shtml

I recommend the serrated stainless; they're cheap and simple. That's what I use on my weight belt. I also tried out those webbing lock things, and found them near impossible to remove, even with pliers.

I agree with using weight keepers. I do use the webbing locks and have been pleased with them but I have never tried to take them off but I will in a few days as I head to Cozumel so I might find out soon if they are a pain to remove. :05:

scubadobadoo:
I do use the webbing locks and have been pleased with them but I have never tried to take them off but I will in a few days as I head to Cozumel so I might find out soon if they are a pain to remove

Bring power tools!

That was my first thought also but it seems that the D ring is keeping the weights at bay not just the weight keeper, I could see it working forward and then being harder to move back. Those locks are neat, never noticed them before. Maybe not for this use but I might consider one for my Octo holder bacause I hate it on my D-ring.

DiveRite:
You'll need to use pliers (or have the hand strength of King Kong) to close this lock on webbing and force the gripping surface to penetrate surface of the webbing. Once closed it's not moving at all, but it can be opened with effort (or those pliers).
Hmm I am thinking that I want to be careful where I use these. Excuse me, do you have a crowbar? I need to adjust my harness :)

My solution was to take a length of 2 inch webbing and a couple of weight keepers and secure it to the plate.
Hey, I like that and I think I can picture what you are talking about. A piece from the BP through a loop (mine has 2 loops) on the weight pouch and back to the BP.

Thanks to all for suggestions and insight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom