Recommendations - Marbella in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henryville

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are making a family trip, and I would like to dive with my newly certified 13 year old. Staying in Marbella in mid-November. Can any of you help with:

- Recommended dive ops (English language friendly will help)
- Insights about diving conditions that time of year (w/recommended exposure protection)
- "Must see" dive sites appropriate for a novice
- Anything I must see on my own (deeper/wreck penetrations)

Thanks very much for your help!

Google Marbella Diving for info.
5 - 7mm suits required. Conditions can be unpredictable, but you can get lucky with a fair spell of weather.
Not great diving along the south coast of Spain generally, but Gibralter has a few nice wrecks, though too deep for a pure novice.

Sorry I can't be of more specific help.

Seadeuce

I would say Pro Dive Spain, we have several centres on the mainland. We have three centres on the Costa Del Sol. The one in Marbella has its own hard-boat and Rib, There are dives for all training-levels. Easy shallow-water dives for beginners as well as demanding current and/or deep dives for experienced divers. All dive sites have a different character; rocky underwater landscape, reefs and wrecks with a rich marine life can be found. Congers, groupers, seahorses, nudibranchs, spider crabs, trigger fish, sunfish and dolphins join the dives., but it is really family orientated.

In November a 5-7mm steamer is needed as the water drops to 16c (0-8mtrs) 12c (8-20mtrs) and 14c (20 +). apart from the wash on your back the water is OK.

A plan for the different stages can be built. we can do a fish (lots of Sun fish are around at that time) for the beginner and deeper Cavern and a couple of wrecks for you the instructor.

I hope this helps?

Back
Top Bottom