Beach Dive this Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck41

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone interested in a diving Fri Nite, Sat, or Sun at LBTS or somewhere nearby? Weather permitting, I sure would like to get wet on the beach. I been saving my quarters. :biggrinpi

My weekend loaded up with "chores",
so I'm blowing off work friday morning for a sunrsie kayak dive off Northern-most
end of Ft.Laud ... aka Oakland Rdiges area.

Gotta try out the new wide angle lens.

Chuck,
I would be glad to visit LBTS once again this weekend.

Steve

SFLDiver:
My weekend loaded up with "chores",
so I'm blowing off work friday morning for a sunrsie kayak dive off Northern-most
end of Ft.Laud ... aka Oakland Rdiges area.

Gotta try out the new wide angle lens.

sbijou:
Chuck,
I would be glad to visit LBTS once again this weekend.

Steve

Interesting conditions this weekend... Hmmm??? I wonder if ScubaKat11 wants to go... and... if I can get a kitchen pass for both Saturday (fun diving) and Sunday (AOW Student)...

OK... twist my arm... :itwisted:

Let me see what I can pull off...

Al

Sunday is probably the best day for me.... perhaps someplace else beside LBTS...maybe Pompano?

Sounds great! Like Scuba_Jenny said, perhaps by Pompano since I haven't dove out there yet, but live 5 minutes due west from the beach. I free anytime this weekend as well as friday afternoon night.

Friday afternoon/night, Sat, Sun, or all three including nights. I am over dehydrated and need some beach diving time. Pick a time and place and I will be there - assuming I can get through the traffic.

You Conchs got the worst traffic this Arkansas boy has ever seen. :11: Tried to get diesel at 5:30 last night - big mistake. There were vehicles going every way through that station and it was almost impossible to get in or out. Took five minutes to get fuel and twenty more to get out of the station without dings and dents in my truck!

chuck41:
You Conchs got the worst traffic this Arkansas boy has ever seen. :11: Tried to get diesel at 5:30 last night - big mistake. There were vehicles going every way through that station and it was almost impossible to get in or out. Took five minutes to get fuel and twenty more to get out of the station without dings and dents in my truck!
Tourists

:D

If diving pompano (which i haven't done yet) I've heard that 12 st just south of atlantic is a good entrace point, and has 4 metered parking spaces right by the entrace to the beach, and a bunch more on the side of the street. On friday are we doing both an afternoon dive and night dive or just one of the two? Reason being I only have one tank and have to get it refilled and as such, have to plan accordingly.

aabond:
If diving pompano (which i haven't done yet) I've heard that 12 st just south of atlantic is a good entrace point, and has 4 metered parking spaces right by the entrace to the beach, and a bunch more on the side of the street. On friday are we doing both an afternoon dive and night dive or just one of the two? Reason being I only have one tank and have to get it refilled and as such, have to plan accordingly.

You're reports are almost right. The meters are few, but there is nice FREE parking in a residential area one block west of A-1-A. That makes a three block walk, but if there are some Conchs hanging around the shower at the beach, you can drop your gear there before you park in the free zone. Pompano has a short swim to the 14' reef, decent coral and fish, and checking the trash cans, I saw evidence of a successful lobster hunt.

Have fun.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom