LIft bag/sausage storage on BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Trying to decide where to put my lift bag on my BP. 2 bungee loops at the bottom of the plate make sense to me.

I have the Halcyon MC storage pack, but to be honest, I haven't attached it yet. and may never use it since I don't see the need for it.

I am taking DIRF in August, so the solution must pass GUE inspection ;-)

Comments? Pictures would be even better......

Used to keep it in the Storage Pack, but it's far more accessible in the large bellows pocket on my drysuit.

I'm not DIR, and I never played one on TV, but the two loops at the bottom of the BP work great. Just make sure you run the crotch strap on the inside of the bag instead of over it. It makes the bag a bit hard to get out and tightens up that crotch strap a little to tight ofr my taste.

I also made my loop out of surgical tubing instead of bungees because I had some left over. Either way would work fine except I would guess the bungees would last longer. If I can get a picture of my set up I will post it. I also think Dive Training had a picture an article receintly.

Ty

Currently pack the OMS 6-foot SMB as both a marker bag, and lift bag. I created a surgical tubing loop that is zip tied to the lift bag strapping. When rolled up, I need to stretch the tubing to get it around the bag, but the ensures the bag stays rolled up tight.

I have attached a butterfly snap to the bag's strapping. When not needed, I stow it on my left hip D-ring.

Instructor showed me this way of remembering what goes where....

"Lift bag Left.....Reels Right"

So far that arrangement serves me well.

I will let you know where I put it (and post a pic), but right now I am leaning toward my Halcyon MC storage pack...

I am taking DIRF in 2 weeks, so I will let you know what JJ said about my bag setup (if I live :eek:ut: )

Originally posted by TexasMike
"Lift bag Left.....Reels Right"
So far that arrangement serves me well.
But one of these days Mike... one of these days a line will float up and wrap around that dangling bag or one of those reels... Mr. Murphy is just waiting until you are doing a real dive... like up here in the PNW :wink:

I learned real quick not to let anything hang clipped off on the left (or right)... I hide my reels in my pocket where Murphy can't find them and stow my bag either in a pocket or the plate pocket for the same reason (hey Chris... you want to sell that extra plate pocket?)

But I might give the double bungee loops at the bottom of the plate a try and see if I can keep a bag hidden there.

Thanks all for the comments.

My LT solution is to glue a bellows pocket to my wetsuit thigh for both the bag and the spool.

Trouble is, I've been waiting a few weeks now for FifthD to ship the pocket and several other items to me......but needed a solution for a local charter last Wednesday.

I've told Sonya at FifthD that when Andrew G. offers "constructive criticism" to me in the DIRF course about my billy rings, lift bag placement, etc........I'll tell him I have been unable to optimize my gear due to the lack of inventory at his own company ;-)

-Chris

Originally posted by large_diver
My LT solution is to glue a bellows pocket to my wetsuit thigh for both the bag and the spool. -Chris
Well then how about your LT plans for the plate pocket you still haven't attached... are you going to sell it to dear old Uncle Pug for a bargain price?

The thigh pocket or the $50 plate pocket are the only accepatable storage for your bag. Show up with the bungies on the bottom off the plate be prepared to cut them off:):) Oh yeah loose the billy rings before you go or take regular drings to replace them with...or you'll hear "Chief, what the hell is this?"....lol.......Ken

I am waiting for a bag, bellowed pocket, and some misc bolt snaps from them too and haven't heard anything...I will be in the same situation if they don't ship them soon since I have DIRF in 2 weeks...

Maybe I will call them...no place for my spool and no bag at all if that order doesn't come in. My LDS that stocks Halcyon was telling me today that they are having a heck of a time getting stuff from Halcyon and that it is pretty much already sold before it even gets to the shop. Sounds like JJ and co. are facing a serious supply shortage to meet the onslaught of demand for Halcyon gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom