Requesting Dive Information for South Florida and the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nomad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I realized yesterday that, once again, the year is winding down to an end, and once again, I need to burn some vacation time...

My travel dates are fairly flexible, sometime between now and about December 10th.

I am looking at Ft Lauderdale, Key Largo, and Key West. I plan to bring all my own gear, except air tanks. I plan to dive about 5 or 6 days.

I am interested in input from divers who know the area. I would love to hear recommendations regarding:
Hotel Accomadations - I don't plan on spending much waking time there, so I want to keep it as cheap as possible.
Dive Center/Boat Operator - I would like to do 2-4 dives per day. I am not looking for the "cheapest" but I would like some recomendations for a quality shop at a reasonable price.
Food - What are some inexpensive, but palatable food options? I would even consider cooking it myself if my hotel room has a kitchen.
Dive Sites - I am not interested in wreck penetration dives, but other than that, I am excited at the opportunity to expand my glimpse of the wet side of this planet.

Thanks for any advice...

Try calling Bluewater Divers of Key Largo. They run a nice 10 person boat at the Holiday Inn. Also, they can book you a room close by at much better rates then listed. They got me a great rate at the Marina Del Mar.

Call Brent at (888) 953-9600

http://www.bluewaterdiver.net/

Tim
Fort Myers Beach, FL

If I were going to take a vacation in South Florida I'd probably stay in Ft. Lauderdale or somewhere central so that I could dive Boynton/WPB area one day, Ft Lauderdale another, Key Largo and maybe a Lower Keys day too. It would be like a diving pu-pu platter.

Scubakevdm:
If I were going to take a vacation in South Florida I'd probably stay in Ft. Lauderdale or somewhere central so that I could dive Boynton/WPB area one day, Ft Lauderdale another, Key Largo and maybe a Lower Keys day too. It would be like a diving pu-pu platter.

I agree. Buffet diving is best in that area! SKip Key West unless you want the experience. Great place to visit but the diving is IMHO the worst on your list and also not centrally located. If you go to Key West you probably will just see key West unless you want to drive a long way to get in and out. Who wants to spend time in a car when it could be spent diving! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom