need help quick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Alright, just hours from my flight :59: ! Was going to go to Boracay after PG trip but now thinking about Bohol. What is a good place to stay there? What is the best way to get there? Any luggage restrictions? Would appreciate the help. Thanks

midwestdvr

Just a suggestion, you might want to edit your topic title to reflect Bohol. That way it shows up easier in the "most recent posts" list.

I'll be in Panglao Island, Bohol on October 28 to Nov 1, 2005. I'll be staying at the Philippine Island Divers Lodge (formerly Bohol Divers Lodge). Website is www.phildivers.com.

Take a Philippine Airlines (PAL), Cebu Pacific or Asian Spirit plane ride to Tagbilaran, Bohol. The resorts in Alona Beach, Panglao Island are just 30 minutes away from the airport.
Try to contact Liza of Phildivers at this number +0385029048 (land line) or +639193022166 (mobile #)

For a 5d/4n, 6 dives, Villa Suite room (hot and cold water, aircon, free b/fast, transfers to and from Cebu), the total cost would be P13,300/pax. 4 dives (including a night dive) would be at Balicasag Island; they say its a microcosm of the tubbataha reef in Palawan/Sulu Sea and the best dive in the visayas.

Luggage allowance is 20 kilos per passenger. But you can purchase a Phil. Airlines sportsplus privilege card for P1,600 for an additional 20 kilos luggage allowance, that is assuming you are taking a PAL flight to Bohol.

Godspeed and have a nice and safe flight.

clgsamson:
I'll be in Panglao Island, Bohol on October 28 to Nov 1, 2005. I'll be staying at the Philippine Island Divers Lodge (formerly Bohol Divers Lodge). Website is www.phildivers.com.

Take a Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific or Asian Spirit plane ride to Tagbilaran, Bohol. The resorts in Alona Beach, Panglao Island are just 30 minutes away from the airport.
Try to contact Liza of Phildivers at this number +0385029048 (land line) or +639193022166 (mobile #)

For a 5d/4n, 6 dives, Villa Suite room (hot and cold water, aircon, free b/fast, transfers to and from Cebu), the total cost would be P13,300/pax. 4 dives (including a night dive) would be at Balicasag Island; they say its a microcosm of the tubbataha reef in Palawan/Sulu Sea and the best dive in the visayas.

im plannin a trip there this december i am confused, can i get their via cebu? also whats the diff between panglao and balicasag? i want to stay in balicasag itself.

Thanks caloy, sounds very feasible. What about the luggage limit? Are you allowed a checked bag and a carry-on? What you've said pretty much sold me on the idea and the price is very good. Do they take credit card?

midwestdvr

midwestdvr:
Thanks caloy, sounds very feasible. What about the luggage limit? Are you allowed a checked bag and a carry-on? What you've said pretty much sold me on the idea and the price is very good. Do they take credit card?

midwestdvr

wise move choosing bohol over boracay if diving is your priority. if you like to part out all night then boracay is the place.

Spoon:
wise move choosing bohol over boracay if diving is your priority. if you like to part out all night then boracay is the place.

I just thought about it and decided that this trip really is a diving trip so why not make it so. Will probably be back in 2 years, or may be less :D , and then maybe hit the other spots I will miss on this trip. Plus, I've always wanted to see those lovable mandarin fishes :10: .

midwestdvr

via cebu? yes you may, by oceanjet ferry. Panglao Island (where alona beach is) is connected to Bohol Island by a bridge/causeway. Balicasag Island, south of Alona Beach is around 40 to 50 mins away.

Yup, you can stay at Balicasag, resort is called Balicasag Island Dive Resort. I heard the price of a bottled water there is gold. hehe

Search mo Bro, or try www.lakbay.net.

Spoon:
im plannin a trip there this december i am confused, can i get their via cebu? also whats the diff between panglao and balicasag? i want to stay in balicasag itself.

From Cebu Airport... go to Cebu POrt, ride a fast craft (2 hours) or slow one (4 hours) to Tagbilaran Port... from the port, Alona Beach (normal base area for divers) can be reached even by motorcycle.

Here's a off the beaten path to Tagbilaran (still considering you're coming from Cebu): take the slow big craft 2 hours (don't take the aircon room, take the open air bunk bed, makes you feel closer to the sea without the reg and bcd on) to Tubigon town... from Tubigon hire a private van to bring you to Tagbilaran or direct to Alona... please make a stop over at the viewing deck of Chocolate Hills (if you haven't been there)... the hills are awesome, considering nothing in the world like it!

clgsamson:
via cebu? yes you may, by oceanjet ferry. Panglao Island (where alona beach is) is connected to Bohol Island by a bridge/causeway. Balicasag Island, south of Alona Beach is around 40 to 50 mins away.

Yup, you can stay at Balicasag, resort is called Balicasag Island Dive Resort. I heard the price of a bottled water there is gold. hehe

Search mo Bro, or try www.lakbay.net.

And the ice (the usual ice molded in plastic bag that you crack againt the wall during inuman) is diamond - 6-8 pesos for a very thin melting icepack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom