Malapascua or bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys i am confused which of the two are better? i am planning a dive trip sometime in december and was wondering which one i should go to or maybe split em up and do both?

ishbaby:
why not try both . . . they're just a boat away, sayang naman if ur already in the Visayas.

yeah il most probably do both in one go, seems like the logical thing to do.

Add moalboal (pescador island). Its a 3 to 4 hours trip from Cebu City.

Dive Suggestions - Arrive Cebu from Manila; Do Malapascua first, 2nd Moalboal, 3rd Mactan Island and 4th Panglao/Balicasag. Fly out from Tagbilaran, Bohol to Manila.

do both!

go to cebu first then bohol 'cause they say it's easier to get to bohol via cebu than the other way around (or is it the other way around - i'll ask again)

my brother wants me to go with him but i it's a choice between those two places or coron. i choose coron :happy:

I'm not sure, but I think it's 2 trips lang the whole day: From cebu the fast craft (Oceanjet or Supercat) leaves in the morning. The Bohol to Cebu leaves in the evening.

Reason why I think so was because when I did it, me and my cousin nearly got stranded (supercat broke down so didn't go back. Oceanjet had 2 more slots available and we were the last 2 that got it!).

But it's probably 4 trips: 1 trip back and forth in the morning and 1 trip back and forth in the evening.

If you've just been to Apo then I think Malapascua would be a better choice. Since you are into photography you might also want to check out Exotic's house reef . However Bohol does have it's topside charms- (loboc river, tarsier and the bee farm) which non-diving friends or family will enjoy too.

But if you can do both then all the better. Just be prepared to stay an extra day in Malapascua, in case you don't see the threshers on the first day.

Happy diving!

CLA

I would do both places, since you're there already. clgsamson, suggested that you go to Moalboal as well. The thing I like in Moalboal is Pescador and the fact, you can do an unlimited day dive (4 - 5 dives) for $50 - 2 boat and 2 shore dives. I like to do the most dive with the least amount of money :)
Hope you have a great time in Cebu and Bohol.

buy a diving yacth and then we'll have a regular PPD DOR .... for a minimal fee

Spoon:
guys i am confused which of the two are better? i am planning a dive trip sometime in december and was wondering which one i should go to or maybe split em up and do both?

clgsamson:
Add moalboal (pescador island). Its a 3 to 4 hours trip from Cebu City.

Dive Suggestions - Arrive Cebu from Manila; Do Malapascua first, 2nd Moalboal, 3rd Mactan Island and 4th Panglao/Balicasag. Fly out from Tagbilaran, Bohol to Manila.

caloy, that might be pushing it:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom