Crotch Strap

What's your crotch strap setup?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tau

Contributor
Reaction score
Trying to get an idea of what everyone uses for a crotch strap. I'm putting together a bp/w setup, so this would really help.

I use 2" 'soft' webbing. Either bolt it to your backplate, or run it through a slot using a tri-glide to hold it. You'll need to sew a loop on the front to pass the waist belt through.

BTW, it's a 'crotch' strap...

Sorry everyone, replace crouch strap with 'crotch strap'.

Oops, going crazy here. At least I spelled it correctly on my post. I can't figure out how to correct the spelling on the poll though.

My crotch strap is soft webbing, but came with my unit. That option is not reflected in your poll.

I used the two inch webbing designed to hold luggage closed. I used to have the same webbing as my harness but that proved to be uncomfortable for me.

Are you having trouble finding one? Was Extreme Exposure able to get you one, or have you not tried them yet?
Maybe you could try Tobin at Deep Sea Supply.

2" soft webbing that came with my DSS kit.

2" SOFT.. webbing, it came with my Halcyon, but you left out the option in the poll.

1" soft that came with the rig, never notice it's there unless I forget to fasten it.

That option wasn't in the poll either so I voted for the last option on the poll

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom