Gran Canaria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heads Up

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got back from two weeks diving in Gran Canaria. Good variety of dives available from wrecks, caves and reefs. Dived Pasito Blanco on my last dive day (an artificial reef about 3 miles off the coast). Maximum depth of about 20m but absolutely teeming with sealife. Especially interesting to see a small school of Barracuda feeding off a shoal of Yellow snapper, with most of the barracuda circling the snapper to keep them together, while two or three dived to the bottom and swam up the middle (bit like the whales do). Not the place to go if you are into extreme diving, but for a recreational diving holiday with plenty of variety, I can heartily recommend Gran Canaria (especially as the water temp rarely drops below 20 all year round)

jay, good to hear the news, i'm seeking a summer scuba job and have no clue where to knock on the door. gran canaria is my first choice, do you think those guys would employ me for the summer?
thk, scubalazs

Back
Top Bottom