Anybody dive with the Sony V3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmakay

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a Sony V3, and wanted to hear feedback from owners. Aside from a lack of true wide-angle, it looks like a great camera for diving. If you could post your set-up and some photos, that would be great!

Mickey, I have not heard of anyone using the V3 underwater. The only choice for a UW housing is a $600 Ikelite housing, so I suspect there are not many takers. I love my Sony but most UW photographers are not very impressed with Sonys UW. YMMV.

mmakay:
I'm considering buying a Sony V3, and wanted to hear feedback from owners. Aside from a lack of true wide-angle, it looks like a great camera for diving. If you could post your set-up and some photos, that would be great!

Cecil has given you good advice. Olympus and Canon lead the pack for use underwater as they both manufacture their own inexpensive housings. At present Olympus is not even in the running.

Take a look at the Fuji 810. They also have a housing for it and Ikelite has one for it also for under $300.

Here's a setup with a V3, i bought the housing and camera for 400$ and use one of my nikonos strobes in manual in mode only.

It takes excellent photos, very sharp and has all the settings you could possibly need easily acessible.

I mostly shoot wide angle with a V and a 15mm, but this is a nice all-around setup.

I think 600$ for the housing is too much, especially with the prices of canon and oly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom