software for digital slide shows ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Those of you who make slide shows of your digital photos ... what software do you use? The "standard stuff" doesn't seem to be compatible with burning a CD or DVD that'll play on your basic DVD player.

I've Googled the query, but the number of choices are rather daunting ... what do you use? And why?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,
Doesn't your editing software make slide shows? I use an older version of Adobe Elements for editing and it makes slide shows, and I also use an old version of Adobe Album for organizing and it also does slide shows. I think it lets you cue in music too, though I haven't tried that feature.

BTW, the underwater slide shows that I've liked most had music. The music does a great job at creating whatever mood you want (e.g., scary, peaceful, happy).

NWGratefulDiver:
Those of you who make slide shows of your digital photos ... what software do you use? The "standard stuff" doesn't seem to be compatible with burning a CD or DVD that'll play on your basic DVD player.

I've Googled the query, but the number of choices are rather daunting ... what do you use? And why?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, I use Pro Show Gold. It's pretty versatile with lots of transition options, and you can create playable DVDs, VCDs, and webshows. Or if you prefer, plain executables. Options to add music, etc.

Check it out: http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

W

Yep ... definitely want the ability to add an audio track.

Thanks for the replies so far ... nice pics on that web site.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The most used program for this is Picture to Exe which can be found at www.winsoft.com. It will make a executable program with music and has many ways to sychronize the music with the pictures. Here's an example from my recent trip to Bonaire.

Bonaire Slideshow

Right click to save, 17 megs.

I also use the Proshow, but the standard version. You can down load it directly form their web site and try if for free. The downloaded version is the same one you get if you buy a download of it but it puts a big banner across the screen. If you decide to buy, you send them your CC and they send you an email with a code that removes the banner. No need to down load it again.

I have used Acdsee for years. Reads pic's files fast. Gets the green out of your diving pictures (I mean a group edit!) And has a very nice slideshow. I have version 6 on wife,s computer. I think it is ver 8 now. You can download it and tried it out for I think 39 days. Then buy it on line. A very rep company!. I have used their software for over 10 years.
Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom