DUI Weight & Trim Classic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirthead

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the DUI Weight & Trim Classic weight harness? It look pretty interesting. I am wondering how it would work with a BP/W.

My son and I love ours. We use them with bp/w setups with drysuits. A little weight in trim pockets on the bp/w if needed and the rest of the weight in the DUI harness. The harness is very comfortable and is much easier to manage than carrying all of your wieght in the bc or bp/w.

My wife and I use the W&T II. We both love them. I've never met someone who bought one and didn't love it. We have Back inflate BC's but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work just as well with a bp\w.

Just noticed that you are a fellow Texan. If you are unsure of what to expect, go to DUI DOG days at CSSP Nov 11-13 and try one out.

dirthead:
Has anyone tried the DUI Weight & Trim Classic weight harness? It look pretty interesting. I am wondering how it would work with a BP/W.

I used one for the first time a few weeks back. Thought it worked pretty good, the newer version might not tangle as much as the Classic apparently can. The dive shop I used in Nova Scotia rented them out along with the Henderson Hyperstretch (top drawer all the way)! Just no BP/W rentals, even though that's what most people in the area seem to use. :(
Anyways, I've been looking at the weigth belt with suspenders for a while, and you might want to look at Norther Divers "Weight & Trim II", and Bowstone's weight harness.
People who've used the ND and Bowstone seem to prefer the Bowstone, and I think they liked it a little more than the DUI. I found this from looking around here and then on a couple of more interntional scuba boards.
I think the DUI is a good choice,but I'm leaning towards Bowstone. If you are thinking of going that route as well, let me know.

Dearman:
My wife and I use the W&T II. We both love them. I've never met someone who bought one and didn't love it. We have Back inflate BC's but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work just as well with a bp\w.

The classic appears to have 2 pockets on each side, and the W&T2 shows just 1 pocket on each side. Are the pockets on the W&T2 divided so small amounts of weight won't shift? The WT2 does look like it would be a little more comfortable under a backplate/harness.

dirthead:
The classic appears to have 2 pockets on each side, and the W&T2 shows just 1 pocket on each side. Are the pockets on the W&T2 divided so small amounts of weight won't shift? The WT2 does look like it would be a little more comfortable under a backplate/harness.

The WT2 has a divider down the middle of the pocket. I've put 4+2 in each part of one side and didn't notice any shift but I wasn't watching for it either.

I used one last year when DUI came to Texas for their DUI Dog Days equipment trials. It was the first time I had used a weight harness vs. a belt and it was very comfortable. At first though it did seem like I was going to lose my weights because the harness sits further down on your hips than a belt does, but after getting over that feeling, it was very nice.

What a great piece of gear! And so comfortable. I'm currently using it under my BC when I dive dry suit. It has improved my trim SO much, that I'm going to start using it on warm water dives too. I like it a whole lot more than my weight belt or even the weight integrated system, but that's just me. Have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom