Cressi AquaPro 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottbeach

Contributor
Reaction score
Thought I'd toss you all a quick take on the Cressi AquaPro 5 since when I was investigating Cressi BC's I couldn't find much info on the board.

Cressi AquaPro 5:
Price: $229 from Diver's Supply (www.divers-supply.com)
Premise: Jacket-style BC with light weight integration

Review:

I've been diving my new Cressi BC for the last week and so far I've been quite happy with it for the money. I am a recreational warm water diver and I found the Cressi to be a good fit for my needs. My large sized unit has a 38 lb lift capacity and 2 side pockets for weights (total capacity 12 lbs). I found the weight capacity to be more than sufficient for a 3mm or lighter wetsuit but required a belt for cold dive in a 5mm two-piece. At first I was concerned about the lack of trim pockets on the BC but due to the almost 180 degree positioning of the pockets, the BC never seems out of balance while rotating in the water.

Unlike many weight integrated BC's the AquaPro 5 does not do "pull-tab" releases for removable weight pouches. Instead, the system is a vertically folding pocket that doubles over and then snaps closed with a male/female connector. While not as easy to release as a "pull-tab", the pockets dump with a mere pinch of the connector, which causes the pocket to fold downward and release the weights. Since the pocket sits completely externally to the air bladder, I actually found hard weights to be easier, more comfortable due to their smaller size, and easier to dump. As a word of warning, load your weights prior to entering the water. Since the pockets open downward, it is difficult to load the weights, fold up the tri-fold pocket and snap the connector closed with an inflated BC. As an alternative, ask your buddy to do it.

In other news, the fit was very comfortable, materials solid, and workmanship first rate. The system has multiple air dump valves including a ripcord at the bottom front of the BC which empties the lower valve. The BC also has large pockets, a cumberbund, adjustable shoulder straps, and two adjustable horizontal straps.

Pros: Great system for warm water diving, good materials
Cons: Weight integration a bit unorthodox and unnatural to use.

Thought I'd toss you all a quick take on the Cressi AquaPro 5 since when I was investigating Cressi BC's I couldn't find much info on the board.

Cressi AquaPro 5:
Price: $229 from Diver's Supply (www.divers-supply.com)
Premise: Jacket-style BC with light weight integration

Review:

I've been diving my new Cressi BC for the last week and so far I've been quite happy with it for the money. I am a recreational warm water diver and I found the Cressi to be a good fit for my needs. My large sized unit has a 38 lb lift capacity and 2 side pockets for weights (total capacity 12 lbs). I found the weight capacity to be more than sufficient for a 3mm or lighter wetsuit but required a belt for cold dive in a 5mm two-piece. At first I was concerned about the lack of trim pockets on the BC but due to the almost 180 degree positioning of the pockets, the BC never seems out of balance while rotating in the water.

Unlike many weight integrated BC's the AquaPro 5 does not do "pull-tab" releases for removable weight pouches. Instead, the system is a vertically folding pocket that doubles over and then snaps closed with a male/female connector. While not as easy to release as a "pull-tab", the pockets dump with a mere pinch of the connector, which causes the pocket to fold downward and release the weights. Since the pocket sits completely externally to the air bladder, I actually found hard weights to be easier, more comfortable due to their smaller size, and easier to dump. As a word of warning, load your weights prior to entering the water. Since the pockets open downward, it is difficult to load the weights, fold up the tri-fold pocket and snap the connector closed with an inflated BC. As an alternative, ask your buddy to do it.

In other news, the fit was very comfortable, materials solid, and workmanship first rate. The system has multiple air dump valves including a ripcord at the bottom front of the BC which empties the lower valve. The BC also has large pockets, a cumberbund, adjustable shoulder straps, and two adjustable horizontal straps.

Pros: Great system for warm water diving, good materials
Cons: Weight integration a bit unorthodox and unnatural to use.
Pro - you are unable to ever lose the weight pockets

Back
Top Bottom