Morrison Springs Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rainmaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
At the present time, what are the hours of operation of the springs? Are they open every day? What does it cost to dive? Is there a phone number? What facilities are on the premises? (restrooms, air-fills, changing rooms?) Are divers required to use a flag? Are the springs now being operated by the county?

Thanks!

rainmaker:
At the present time, what are the hours of operation of the springs? Are they open every day? What does it cost to dive? Is there a phone number? What facilities are on the premises? (restrooms, air-fills, s?) Are divers required to use a flag? Are the springs now being operated by the county?

Thanks!
restrooms, changing room I would use a flag. Other than that dive at own risk.

its free, there is no one running it right now.

State now owns the property and the County is running it and will be making some changes to it shortly - sounds like they have divers interest in mind too.

As of now, its open Dawn to Dusk, 7 days a week. There is running cold water, but its non potable. No electricity, but there are bathrooms and changing rooms with showers(cold). There are more showers outside for gear. There isn't a running shop onsite, just a shell of a building so bring your own gear and full tanks(you can get them at Vortex, just up the road).

The spring and spring run are navigatable waterways and are used by boaters, so definately bring a flag to mark your location. Don't let the fact that you are towing a flag give you any false sense of security, hear a boat, better flatten out and figure out where its coming from :D

Sheriff opens/closes the gate usually. We've had to lug gear from the gate to the pavillion before. Ugh. That sucks. I have his number around here somewhere. Will post it later if you can wait... I'm off to PCB for the weekend! YYyyaaar! :D

rainmaker:
air-fills?

The others hit everything else on the head but air fills..

There are no onsite airfills anymore since there is no longer
an onsite dive operator. But you can get air fills and/or
rent tanks at Vortex Springs about 10-15 miles north.
(On hwy 81 I think, but north of Ponce de Leon)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom