Pompano Beach - Sunday 8:00 a.m.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck41

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How about Pompano 12th street at 8:00 am Sunday? :yl2jump:
Weather report calls for sunny in the morning and partly cloudy later in the day. Sounds like good beach diving conditions to me. :monkeydan

Be Careful...

Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet in small northeast swells. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers mainly over the extreme south.

I would bet the viz is shot also, since it's been kind of crappy since yesterday... I can't even see the ocean from my apartment today, and it's not because of the huge cruise ship parked out there.

yuk...weather report sounds yukky.. Hmmm probably cause Chuck was planning on diving...sheesh...
I will wait till tomorrow morning to make the final decision, but at this time, I think I am gonna pass....
(thanks Chuck :sarcasm:)

THIS AFTERNOON...NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET IN SMALL NORTHEAST SWELLS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. INTERMITTENT DRIZZLE THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON. NUMEROUS SHOWERS THROUGH THE DAY. .TONIGHT...NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET IN SMALL NORTHEAST SWELLS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS. .SUNDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET IN SMALL NORTHEAST SWELLS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS MAINLY OVER THE EXTREME SOUTH. .

Scuba_Jenny:
yuk...weather report sounds yukky...
I stood at Deerfield Beach this morning at 7:30 grumbling about yet another blow out. Its ugly out there.

I was going to head over to the Mercedes wreck today but the weather was so bad I decided to turn home half way throu the drive.

MB:
I stood at Deerfield Beach this morning at 7:30 grumbling about yet another blow out. Its ugly out there.
After running from Hollywood Beach to Dania Pier and back this morning I drove North on A-1-A to Dania and found the Intercostal so high it was actually flooding over the highway. I never drove through seawater before. Dumb move. Must be bad for the car. That was at 8:30. Waves and wind were really nasty South of the Port, making me wonder about tomorrow.

I went to the beach today at 4:00pm after doing some errands and the conditions seem to have become a little better, but there was still some white caps although not as much as before. The waves also seem to have become less.

Hopefully by tomorrow morning it will be better.

How many people are planning to show up tomorrow morning? If at least one other person shows up wanting to get wet, I will join them without hesitation. Otherwise I rather sleep in ;-)

:banghead: Go ahead and sleep in. I will check the wx in the morning and pm if it looks reasonable and plan to go later. The report I saw indicated it might be getting a bit better later in the day. Who knows, maybe it will become clear, calm, and sunny. :sunny

I tried the New Empire Buffet on Federal N of Commerce tonight. Very nice!! :eat

aabond:
I went to the beach today at 4:00pm after doing some errands and the conditions seem to have become a little better, but there was still some white caps although not as much as before. The waves also seem to have become less.

Hopefully by tomorrow morning it will be better.

How many people are planning to show up tomorrow morning? If at least one other person shows up wanting to get wet, I will join them without hesitation. Otherwise I rather sleep in ;-)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It used to be called Super King Buffet, so I wonder if it's just a name change, or if it's somewhat of a different restaurant now.

I really hope it clears up by early tomorrow. Now that I just started diving alot lately, I can't get enough. I want to try diving some of the wrecks around here as well as some of the deeper reefs. Maybe one of these days I'll take my scuba scooter out to the third reef.

If you guys go tonight... we may be up for it...

Unfortunately... here's today's marine forecast... I think it's a worse outlook than they thought yesterday.

Coastal Waters From Deerfield Beach To Ocean Reef, Fl Out 20 Nm-

Waters From Deerfield Beach To Ocean Reef, Fl Extending From 20 Nm

To The Territorial Waters Of The Bahamas-

Small Craft Advisory for hazardous seas in effect through this evening
Small craft should exercise caution from late tonight through Monday morning
Today
Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 6 to 8 feet. Northeast swell 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop in exposed areas. Slight chance of showers over extreme south.

We're heading to the west coast (of FL) on tuesday, but would be up for a dive on monday or monday night too... if the water cooperates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom