Plastic D-Ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RiotNrrd

Contributor
Reaction score
I tried to search for previous answers to this question, but the term was pretty vague.

On almost all BCDs I've seen (including my Mares Dragonfly), there are two kinds of D-ring - a simple metal d-ring, and a plastic ring that is somewhat more complex. It basically looks like a triangle with one circular hole and two smaller holes on either side.

Can anyone tell me what is it for? i.e., is it designed for any special connector or purpose? Or is is just another place to clip stuff (the way I use it now)?

Andy

Got any pics of it?

This is the only dragonfly pic I could find and could not see the above described "ring" on it.

Mares_dragonfly_aria_440.jpg

i think he means the clip that you can attach hoses to and what not

I _think_ I just attached the image to this post - but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

attachment.php

Riot

Tamas:
That it just another place to clip things off to. Depending where it is, it might be a good dedicated location for your octo.

That's what I use it for, but it seems like it would be kind of dumb on their part to use two different kinds of rings. I keep imagining that I'm going to find some kind of really cool gear that is designed to attached to it and has some kind of mating clip with three prongs or something - especially since I see it on lots of other BCs as well.

Oh, well, who can know the logic behind the assembly of heavily marketed products -

LOL

Riot

Back
Top Bottom