Scubapro Glide 2000 or Seaqueast Pro QD+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSea

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all.
i want to buy a BCD and i'm confused, Scubapro Glide 2000 or Seaquest Pro QD+.
any advice?
thanx.

I have a Pro QD+, and recently switched to a bp/w. I won't get into the pros/cons of a bp/w setup, since that wasn't part of the question. The Pro QD+ is a very good jacket style BCD. The integrated weight system works well, has plenty of d rings for attaching stuff, and is well built and durable. I switched because I wanted more performance and a better fit, so I went with a bp/w. I am not familiar with the Scubapro Glide 2000, so I can't really compare the two. If you have a local shop where you can try some on, I would recommend that. I think fit is the most important aspect to look at. If it does not fit right, you will not be happy. Since my switch to the bp/w, I am now a believer in using a crotch strap. If you must go with a jacket style bcd, get one that can be fitted with a crotch strap. It will help lessen movement of the bcd during your dives and let you concentrate on things other than constantly adjusting the jacket.

If you haven't done a search already, do one for the 2 bcd's you listed. There is a lot of information about the pro QD+ in the archives, probably on the Glide 2000 as well.

dirthead:
I have a Pro QD+, and recently switched to a bp/w. I won't get into the pros/cons of a bp/w setup, since that wasn't part of the question. The Pro QD+ is a very good jacket style BCD. The integrated weight system works well, has plenty of d rings for attaching stuff, and is well built and durable. I switched because I wanted more performance and a better fit, so I went with a bp/w. I am not familiar with the Scubapro Glide 2000, so I can't really compare the two. If you have a local shop where you can try some on, I would recommend that. I think fit is the most important aspect to look at. If it does not fit right, you will not be happy. Since my switch to the bp/w, I am now a believer in using a crotch strap. If you must go with a jacket style bcd, get one that can be fitted with a crotch strap. It will help lessen movement of the bcd during your dives and let you concentrate on things other than constantly adjusting the jacket.

If you haven't done a search already, do one for the 2 bcd's you listed. There is a lot of information about the pro QD+ in the archives, probably on the Glide 2000 as well.

Just what I am going to say. ProQD+ to bp/w and so on................

ProQD+ is a good jacket bc which I do enjoy alot prior in switching to bp/w. The only negative thing I can think of is that I feel that it is a bit bulky.:wink:

Another vote for the Pro-QD. I use one for single tanks and like it a lot better than a BP/Wing for that.
Can't tell you a thing about the other jacket, unfortunately, so you're still pretty much on your own.
Get 'em both in the pool and swim around with 'em.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom