Dahab: Sinaidivers or Emperors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Santa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going to Dahab on oct. 31 and bringing a complete novice diver lady friend of 50+. She will be needing a divemaster just for her as she is feeling rather insecure about it all.

Which do you feel is the better divecentre, Sinai or Emperors, opinions, experiences?

I' m thinking mostly along the lines of equipment, overall service, safety and quality of accommodations. She is not an action diver and probably ready to pay a little extra for diving comfort and reassurance.

Sincerely

I've not used either Siniadivers or Emperor in Dahab but have used both in Sharm and also used Emperor in Hurgahda. I will always use Emperor now in the Red Sea if possible. All my experiences with them the have been very professional,the kit always seemed in good condition and both the diving centre and the boats were good plus all the staff were knowledgable and friendly.
Didn't do any training but any training I witnessed they seemed to be very patient didn't rush people

I think it may come down to a cultural thing. Sinai Divers is a great operation. They're the oldest in Sinai. Much of their clientele is German-speaking. Emperor is also really good. You'll probably find more English speakers at their operations.

i work for Sinai at the Hilton Dahab, and im English. They have a very mixed group of customers all the time. The only thing i would say is that the kit is not that great very well used! regs are fine!! Sinai backpackers in Dahab its self are also good. Emperor here very quite but run by 2 friends who are so pro! You would have to go with a guide even though you are a DM, neither of these DCs would let u just hire tanks and weights. Take a look anyway, you can get a good dael when u arrive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom