Gulf reefs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sergeantnic

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody dove any of the artificial reefs in the gulf. More specifically the ones near Tampa / Clearwater? I'm looking for some local dive spots and I have a boat. I know about the springs and Venice Beach. But just looking for something else.

I don't know about any as far north as Tampa/Clearwater, but there's a lot of them further south: Tremblay reef, Palm Beach Ferry, M60, and several others in the Venice/Placida area.

I've dived the Sheridan, it's a great wreck. The Blackthorn is nearby, but I've never dived it.

sergeantnic:
Have you dove any of these reefs? When's the best time of year to hit them? Are they worth the gas in the boat?

The only one I have dived are about 20 miles out, the ones nearer shore are poor viz and usualy covered in boats full of anglers. You can dive all year round and I find the viz better in the winter months. Check for red tide I dont know what the status is on that at the moment, to get a update on it call Sunshine scuba 727 5850938 and ask Heather.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom