does this sound appetizing to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i've cooked up some recipes and i wanted to see what other people thought about them. i'm curious to know if they sound appetizing or not. i thought they were tasty, but that's just me.

1) couscous with cashews and feta- boiled cashews with whole wheat couscous, garnished with feta cheese
2) sweet and curry tofu- stir fried tofu with garlic and asparagus in a sweet and curry sauce served over basmati rice
3) i call it summer salad- chopped roma tomatoes, chopped basil, and feta cheese served in a whole wheat pita

anyhow, feel free to comment about what you like, don't like, what you might change. i'm just curious about what other people might think. yes, they are vegetarian.

When's dinner? ;-)
They sound good to me. I'm not a big tofu fan but with the other ingredients it might be good. The other two sound wonderful. But why boil the cashews? Usually nuts are roasted (spread them on a baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for a few minutes, watch so they don't burn). You might experiment and see if that gives a different flavor than boiling. I would also try tossing in a few dried cranberries for variety. I'm not a vegetarian but I love dishes like that.

deborah

deborah

i'd try them all!

drl:
But why boil the cashews? Usually nuts are roasted (spread them on a baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for a few minutes, watch so they don't burn). You might experiment and see if that gives a different flavor than boiling. I would also try tossing in a few dried cranberries for variety. I'm not a vegetarian but I love dishes like that.

i buy the cashews raw and boil them before adding the couscous- i guess i do this to have less dishes to wash. i agree that roasting would probably bring out a nice toasty flavor. if i were going to roast the nuts, i think that i would toast some garlic as well.

do it easy:
i've cooked up some recipes and i wanted to see what other people thought about them. i'm curious to know if they sound appetizing or not. i thought they were tasty, but that's just me.

1) couscous with cashews and feta- boiled cashews with whole wheat couscous, garnished with feta cheese
2) sweet and curry tofu- stir fried tofu with garlic and asparagus in a sweet and curry sauce served over basmati rice
3) i call it summer salad- chopped roma tomatoes, chopped basil, and feta cheese served in a whole wheat pita

anyhow, feel free to comment about what you like, don't like, what you might change. i'm just curious about what other people might think. yes, they are vegetarian.

I'd be up to trying all three and I'd order the second one on sight if it was on the menu.

R..

I'm not too sure about the combination of cashews with feta...but I'd be willing to try! The other two sound good, very similar to some of my concoctions. Tofu is great with curry, as it absorbs the flavor of the spices very nicely.

I make a dish with couscous and cashews, dried fruit (cranberries or currants), onion and diced eggplant, then stuff and bake it in red peppers.That's really good too.

Maya:
I make a dish with couscous and cashews, dried fruit (cranberries or currants), onion and diced eggplant, then stuff and bake it in red peppers.That's really good too.

pure genius! i haven't stuffed a pepper in years! i'll give this a whirl.

i put the feta into the couscous to "complete" the protein. i don't remember all the details, but grains tend to be deficient in some amino acids that dairy products have, so by combining them, i get more of the good stuff.

I make something like #3 (actually copied it from a local deli) - but it also has chopped green peppers and black olives. I add a touch of dressing like basalmic vinagarette.

sounds great :D I'll post my new soup recipe when I find it, I love playing in the kitchen.

Where's The Beef? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom