What do I need to start click'in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoh44

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I don't know anything about photography. I just want the bare basics for underwater pictures. What do I need. Don't want to spend tons of money, but do want a good camera (of course):wink: . Is digital as slow as I've heard? Thanks..........

You just need a camera and housing. You want to get a digital as far as i'm concerned...any cons are outweighed by the many pros. As for which camera there are 2 threads just on the first page of UW Photography forum asking this question and probably hundreds more if you use search. Also www.digitaldiver.net is a good place for info.

Yeah, I just saw the beginning photo. post. Duh! Thanks anyway.

I would go with something like a Canon A series and Canon housing. Excellent results can be had. You do not need the latest and greatest camera system to get wonderful shots.

I still use my Canon A75 as a backup to my Oly 5050 etc.

Get a camera that allows manual control, for sure. You will get better results in some situations with it. You can also add on bits like strobes and lenses if you wish at a later date.

Have a look at PhotoTJ, legopacific's galleries here on ScubaBoard. They both use Canon A series cameras....there are several others out there, too.

RAW is a great function to have so you might want to consider the S series.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom