Tiger Woods and FreeDiving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveGolfSki

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was watching the golf channel (well, there is no Scuba Channel yet) and Tillman interviewed Tiger about general stuff. He is now into free diving and has attended a free diving course. He's ablve to dive to 100 ft and due to to apnea training (no idea what that entails) can hold his breath for up to 4 minutes?

I know he can drive the ball over 350 yds but 100 ft 4 minute free dives?:11:

Wow, I'm happy for the guy, he can finally distinguish himself from all the other golfers. :)

Very useful on those water hazards!

Tiger Woods is a fellow spearo. Since he travels out of the states on his boat, he frequently freedives, since scuba is not allowed when hunting in many countries.

I've seen some of his catches and they are impressive!!

DiveGolfSki:
I was watching the golf channel (well, there is no Scuba Channel yet) and Tillman interviewed Tiger about general stuff. He is now into free diving and has attended a free diving course. He's ablve to dive to 100 ft and due to to apnea training (no idea what that entails) can hold his breath for up to 4 minutes?

I know he can drive the ball over 350 yds but 100 ft 4 minute free dives?:11:
He is also a certified cave diver. (IIRC, it might be cavern, though)

Johnoly:
Tiger Woods is a fellow spearo. Since he travels out of the states on his boat, he frequently freedives, since scuba is not allowed when hunting in many countries.

I've seen some of his catches and they are impressive!!
Yah have you seen his wife :D

ClevelandDiver:
Cash is a very good bait.
Maybe he is just a nice guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom