Hurricane Insurance Idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linthorn

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Here's an idea to prevent hurricanes. If you pay me, I will not visit your location on vacation. Here's how why it works:

August 2000, I spent a week on Puerto Rico then went to spend a week on St. Croix. I immediately discovered that hurricane Debby was aimed directly at St. Croix. At the last minute (clearly the hurricane discovered my whereabouts) it changed track, ... and hit Puerto Rico.

August 2004, Open Water Cert in Puerto Rico, (September: hurricane Jeanne)
August 2004 dove Barbados - (September: hurricane Ivan)

August 2005, I visited my father in Ft. Lauderdale (September: hurricane Katrina)
August 2005, I took a cruise and went to: Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel (Wilma)

As a point of note, it isn't limited to hurricanes. The day after I visited Venice, St Mark's square flooded and was under 1 meter of water (not that unusual though).

The connection is obvious. Another thing to note is that hurricanes seem to avoid me. Although planned in advance, my 2004 cruise was right between two hurricanes. So, I'm sure we can strike a deal whereby I go along with you on a vacation if it is particularly important!!

Linthorn:
Here's an idea to prevent hurricanes. If you pay me, I will not visit your location on vacation. Here's how why it works:

August 2000, I spent a week on Puerto Rico then went to spend a week on St. Croix. I immediately discovered that hurricane Debby was aimed directly at St. Croix. At the last minute (clearly the hurricane discovered my whereabouts) it changed track, ... and hit Puerto Rico.

August 2004, Open Water Cert in Puerto Rico, (September: hurricane Jeanne)
August 2004 dove Barbados - (September: hurricane Ivan)

August 2005, I visited my father in Ft. Lauderdale (September: hurricane Katrina)
August 2005, I took a cruise and went to: Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel (Wilma)

As a point of note, it isn't limited to hurricanes. The day after I visited Venice, St Mark's square flooded and was under 1 meter of water (not that unusual though).

The connection is obvious. Another thing to note is that hurricanes seem to avoid me. Although planned in advance, my 2004 cruise was right between two hurricanes. So, I'm sure we can strike a deal whereby I go along with you on a vacation if it is particularly important!!
I need to give you my Huricane magnet that is somewhere in my dive bag. Wilma just screwed todays vacation up and Floyd tried to get me in 1999 in the Virgin Islands. I slipped by Floyd only to see it on the other end returning home to Charleston, SC. I think the idea is to keep moving faster than the storms, that way they can't catch you. Send some of your good weather luck my way. Well it is sunny and about 80 degrees today in Charleston but you already knew that.

CaptainNemo:
I need to give you my Huricane magnet that is somewhere in my dive bag. Wilma just screwed todays vacation up and Floyd tried to get me in 1999 in the Virgin Islands. I slipped by Floyd only to see it on the other end returning home to Charleston, SC. I think the idea is to keep moving faster than the storms, that way they can't catch you. Send some of your good weather luck my way. Well it is sunny and about 80 degrees today in Charleston but you already knew that.

You owe me money. I was on vacation on Kiawah in 1999. They were talking about evacuating the island they day I got there. Last minute Floyd turned and didn't hit. Looks like part 2 really works as well!

You should let us know where you are heading next August

oops - wrong thread

Ah, well, if you pay me, *I* will update you on when I get a sudden urge to go elsewhere, since I seem to always avoid natural disasters.

I lived in the Bay Area from 1980-1992 and happened to be in Hawaii for the '89 quake (though our hearts go out to my unnamed goldfish, who was thrown violently from his bowl).

Additionally, despite living ALL over the part of CA lined with faultlines, including in the south, I always just miss the bigger quakes.

Then over to the East coast to enjoy a five year lull in Wilmington and Charlotte, NC. One threatened us right when we moved, and spun off harmlessly. Move back to CA away from hurricane country, leaving my dad behind for an Ophelia hit.

On the other hand, stay the HECK away from my relatives. They were in Los Angeles for the '71 Sylmar quake and the '87 Whittier Narrows quake, Charlotte for Hugo in '89, Carolina Beach for Fran in '96, and Mandeville for Katrina. They just move from one future disaster site to the next.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom