Books or Videos on Freediving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronniemu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a recently certified SCUBA diver and want to gain some experience and knowledge in holding my breath. (Although this is the last thing to do in SCUBA). I feel increasing my ability to hold my breath would make me more confortable in the water as a swimmer, snorkler and a SCUBA diver. Can someone offer some help in finding a book or video for a beginner to help me learn the art of freediving and holding your breath? Thanks for any help or advice! Ronnie

Me and my boyfriend ordered a book called Freediving-underwater in one single breath by Umberto Pellizari but it hasn't come yet so I can't tell you if its good or not. However I just finished reading The Dive- A story of love and obsession by Pippin Ferraras it is more like his memoirs and about his wife that he lost to the sport but it was a really excellent book. Both Pippin and Umberto are champion freedivers themselves. If freediving interests you I also suggest you check out Homo Delphinus by Jaque Mayol one of the pioneers of the freediving sport. I hope that helps a little!
p.s. Rent the Big Blue

Amazon.com was selling the book and I was going to buy it. The reviews were good for the book except someone said the book was too advanced for a beginner. So I not sure if I should buy it or look for an easy book to understand. Let me know what you think about the book when you get it.

Thanks for your help. Ronnie

Ronniemu:
Amazon.com was selling the book and I was going to buy it. The reviews were good for the book except someone said the book was too advanced for a beginner. So I not sure if I should buy it or look for an easy book to understand. Let me know what you think about the book when you get it.

Thanks for your help. Ronnie
Pellizari's book is good. "Freedive" by Terry Maas is also good as well as his beginner video "Freediving Made Easy". Good fundamental info.

I will pick up a copy of Pellizari's book or the book by Terry Maas. If you are familiar with both of these books, could you recommend one that would be good for a beginner?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Ronnie

Ronniemu:
I will pick up a copy of Pellizari's book or the book by Terry Maas. If you are familiar with both of these books, could you recommend one that would be good for a beginner?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Ronnie
The book and video from Terry Maas would be best for beginner.

Back
Top Bottom