Hurricane weather... conditions @ LBTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
I haven't actually been OUT but it's fairly calm this evening. If it's as nice, I'm going to strap on a tank and go see what the dropoff looks like.

It's HOT, however, and humid. It tastes like steam. Is this what they call "hurricane weather?"

Of course, we're looking forward to that cold front following Wilma! We'll open the windows and finally air the place out. Hopefully we won't need A/C until next APRIL lol...

There is always a calm before the storm... enjoy it while you can. I went to Lakeland HS yesterday to help out. We had too many volunteers, so I volunteered to go back home! :D The worry is that if we are too prepared, and don't get much of a blow, that the "edge" might be dulled for the newbies.

Well, how was it? I heard it wasn't too good out..

It was actually a pretty nice afternoon. A little overcast, but still sunny. Instead, I went and bought a generator and some gas cans, along with some other essentials.

We spent Sunday helping folks put shutters up, workin' for good food lol. By the time we made it back home it was time to put our own shutters up and make the sangria for our traditional "wine & cheetos party" watchin' the hurricane.
Scuba_Jenny:
Well, how was it? I heard it wasn't too good out..

Who's up for the traditional post-hurricane party at The Village Pump on Commercial & El Mar (across from Mulligan's)? If we have power I'll post about noon or so Monday. Stay SAFE everybody...

Yipes, that was NOT fun and life will not be the same here for a while, although the water is pretty much flat with just a little surf. I'll be it will be dive-able by the weekend.

Everybody here in LBTS you know from Scubaboard is fine, except for the disruption of life. There is a lot of damage, of course. My diveyak is probably in New Jersey by now... I was one of the one's who didn't think this would be bad, and I actually left it in a little sheltered area with everybody else's kayaks by the beach wall. Oh well...

From what little I'm hearing there was little loss of life, though the misery index will skyrocket as people face living without utilities and -ULP- paychecks. But what's a little misery when you've got your health and plenty of time to enjoy it (the HEALTH, hopefully, and not the misery).

We're very grateful, considering... and the shore diving looks like it will be exceptional this weekend!

Mike,
Glad to hear our friends on Hibiscus are fine. Sorry to hear about your diveyak. If I see it cruising by Melbourne, I'll pick it up for you. It's probably close to the Outer Banks by now.
Have you heard from Jenny and HermitCrab?

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom