Olympus Stylus 500, PT-026 Housing and a Strobe???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DamnRock

New
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to put together a good inexpensive u/w set that's good on land too... close to $500 or $600 as possible... So far I've found the Olympus Stylus 500 to be my best bang for buck deal... $200 for camera, $135 for u/w case)... I'v efound a sunpak strobe for $180... so that's a total of $515 or so...

Can anyone comment on how important it is to have a strobe? I'm going to be diving at St. Thomas... in addition to some snorkling in the same area.

I'd appreciate any comments on this prospective setup you can give. I just can't spend a crapload of money on it. Does anyone know of a better strobe for $200 or less that'll work with the PT-026 Olympus housing?

Thanks in advance!

Rock

Actually, I just found another candidate... Pentax Optio S5i and Pentax o-WP2 u/w housing... can get both for $440... iwth $200 strobe would be $640... just the upper limit of my price range...

that's IF I even need a strobe for my kind of photography... I'm not a serious diver... I'll probably dive a couple times a year in the ocean and a few more times in lakes... I just need a decent setup for casual vacation record keeping.

Thanks in advance.

Rock

Back
Top Bottom