Poseidon BeSea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who me?

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new to this forum but have been very impressed by it's friendly and helpful advice.
I am looking to get a new BCD and have been looking at the new Poseidon wings, does anyone currently use them or has anyone heard any comments on them?:06:

Who:
Hi everyone I am new to this forum but have been very impressed by it's friendly and helpful advice.
I am looking to get a new BCD and have been looking at the new Poseidon wings, does anyone currently use them or has anyone heard any comments on them?:06:

Hi,

welcome aboard. Buddy dives Besea W50 and I have tried it several times. I have to say that being new myself it was a very easy BC to 'try'. Whichever way I strapped the tank (except upside down) the package seemed to always put me just right underwater, very easy to trim with and get going with when never having used back inflation before. Very comfy on surface and extremely comfy on land (if you do a lot of shore entries, you'll like it). Good quality except for one (insignifanct) thing (but still): the letters on the wing come off as you inflate the wing underwater. Buddy is in her third wing and it's been just this summer and fall. Just esthetics but looks crappy.

I liked the weight pockets too, and I have actually carried it from the handle when tank is strapped on (handy). What I dislike are the lower dump locations (hard to find), the very very long hose (dangles all over) and the fact that the shoulder straps stand so akwardly 'high' (not a perfect fit for me). Also, make sure they install the wing in the shop, it's a PITA to screw that thing yourself (I heard all the cussing when the replacement wing came...) Despite the bulky look though it sits on the hips like marketed, dumps well and feels like nothing underwater. Very comfy to dive with.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much, always nice to hear real world experience of a product not just sales/ testers.:D

I put 30 dives on myt BeSea this summer here on the Jersey Shore, and I love it. Only problem I have is the inability to wear a weight belt, as the BeSea sits on your hips right where the weight belt would go. So I have integrated my weight onto the BeSea.

I have had no problem with the letters coming off.

Michael

I guy I had with us for 15 dives last week had one of those. Gotta tell you, it looked like an arm chair... He put it out for sale this week, and got less than half of what he paid for it, and it was 6 months old... He's in the market for wing and BP, without dragging this thread into THAT discussion... But it did look like a comfy arm chair around his waist :wink: According to him it was a bit difficult to empty all the air out of it. Maybe that's worthy info for you, if you could also excuse my predjudice against this rig?

I do a lot of inlet diving that requires a lot of walking with gear on. The backpack like setup of this rig, was amazing. While everyone else is walking hunched over, I felt like I can walk all day.

While I agree it is a bit bulky especially compared to a B/W, it meets my needs. It is super comfortable on land, and disapears in the water. What else can you ask for.

Thisis my first experience with a wing design. I have been diving with a jacket BC for the last 9 years, so I don't have much else to compare it to.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom