Florida Conchers - Check in Post Wilma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As most people down here don't have power... I figured everyone should post when they are back up and OK. We have no damage to report to our property or our store. Our store does have power (and internet) but still no water.

I shot this yesterday from our apartment - it's the Broward County School Building -
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/sfl-1024schoolboardwilma-video,0,4469459.wmvfile

I hope everyone else was as lucky as we were.

spoke to smokaire and jenn today, jenn lost a lot of trees, the one in front just missed chucks car, they got a chainsaw and cleared the driveway, no power, no phones, when they called the phone company a recording said nov 29 ??? a few shingles, could have been worse they are ok.

Everything is cool in in Cocoa Beach...quite cool, we'll have record lows tonight...may have to turn on the heat...no damage to my property...though my pool is a mess

Joe
(cudachaser)

Life is good, the generator is purring, the water is back on, the boats afloat, the roof isn't leaking and all the windows are in place. I just heard from a neigbor that Publix is open, maybe they should take over disaster relief.

DennisS:
Life is good, the generator is purring, the water is back on, the boats afloat, the roof isn't leaking and all the windows are in place. I just heard from a neigbor that Publix is open, maybe they should take over disaster relief.

Publix is open on Andrews ave. downtown FLL. We're opening now, and have water, soda, juice, cigarettes, and snacks.

Glad to hear people are ok.

Spoke to a pal in Ocean Ridge / Boynton Beach and its a mess,hope Splashdown and the gang made it ok.
Brad

We're all still out of power and phone in a lot of areas, the flooding was pretty bad but everyone down this way is doing fine!

More later!

Rachel

I've tried Colin's cellphone and VOIP. No luck on either. He's in Ft. Myers. I know the cell companies sometimes have generators so their clients still have service, but if towers are down, or the main is wrecked, they're offline. We just got a lot of rain for the day up here. I have family in Cocoa and the Cape we haven't heard from yet. The insurance co I work for says West coast, Miami area seems to have the most damage calls coming in.

Ft Myers has lots of power outages (as it seems most of FL) - some parts are back up and running. IHOP next to the river was open for breakfast this morning - long line (and they only had 2 options), and only a few traffic lights are working - sheriff's are out in force directing traffic. Not sure hat happened down the coastal bits.

We are alive! What a ride! No power, no 'net... we're at Kris's (KBulla) work to shower and get presentable again after 2 days of post 'cane work. I've got much more ahead, she gets to work tomorrow... my cell is in my sig, service is spotty but I get messages... call or text if you get a chance! Catch yawl again in a while...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom