wilma leftovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hi there.
experienced diver, newbie to site.
i had a w/end trip planned to palm beach and it seems a wash since they got hit hard. Does anyone have a plan B they can suggest? I am in Clearwater FL and thinking manatee or paradise springs. any ideas? we have diving company in town visiting and he dragged all his dive gear from canada! YIKES

Theres gonna be a buncha folks up at Ginnie Springs this weekend. Maybe you'd like that.

You can always come to Ohio and carve pumpkins with us this weekend at Gilboa :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

OK so it's a bit of a drive :biggrin:

Look for a charter trip farther north, say off stuart or points north. The Gulfstream will fush the nasty water out in a couple days. There were sevral charter operations not too far from Hillsborough inlet, which was pretty sheltered. Any one of them with minimal boat damage would be a good place to start. The intercoastal south of Boca is pretty narrow and sheltered so the boats may have survived there better than farther north or south. Places to stay if you can't make it as a day trip will be a bit harder to find. If the practice here after Katrina is any clue FEMA and insurance company management will have every available room locked up for a month or more, with the grunts on the ground actually doing the recovery work living in tents at best.

Rainbow Run used to be nice for onshore stuff on your side.

Check out the Florida Conch Divers forum, the locals should be able to advise you better than I can...

There's a flounder tournament in Panama City saturday, sponsored by the Dive Locker.

A 6 pack i dive off of a lot, the Sanctuary, is running a 3 tanker saturday for divers who want to hunt flatfish & compete. I'll be helping out as deckhand this time, and there are some seats open. We plan on maybe a 6 hr or so trip, 2 divers down at a time to try & make the most of the hunting.

Anyone interested, PM me & I'll send you contact info for the captain. I'm not part of the normal crew, I'm just helping out this weekend. I usually am just one of the passengers, been diving with them for over a year. Should be a fun trip, and you don't have to enter the tourney to go with us. Just plan on hunting flounder.

Welcome to ScubaBoard grlhiggins,

I second checking out Ginnie Springs, its where all the 'cool' people will be :wink: j/k!

How dare you call me cool, BuGDude!?!

And I third Ginnie Springs, more diving for less than Paradise, more springs than Manatee. Though I like both of them.

I am taking a week long dive trip next week and hope to hit ginnie for the first time. also on the list devils den, blue gotto, maybe blue or paradise. i also plan on making it down to key largo since i had to put last weekends trip off due to another damn storm.

Hmmm, oh look, cool people, food, camping, diving, fun, FUN, FUUUUN!!!!!

(another shameless promotion brought to you by DSW and the folks at VOA)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom