Info on Effie Maye & Aloha wrecks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Anyone has info, links, etc. on the above dives- such as depth, level of difficulty, directions, GPS coordinates, etc. for these dives?

Loran; 15715.2/60034.3 LAT 44` 09' 00" LON 076` 34' 07"
Depth 55 feet Level: Novice-Intermediate

Off Nine Mile Point, Simcoe Island, west of Kingston Ontario

The Aloha is an old schooner turned barge. She went down due to leaking in a gale in 1917. She was carrying coal. Her Captain was the only fatality. Wreck is in OK shape. I believe right now they are about 48-50 ft down.

Beside her is the Effie May. She was an old dive boat that was scuttled by the owners. She is quite close and you can do both wrecks in a single dive.

The site is moored by POW Kingston.

- Info grabbed from Chris Kohl's book "The Great Lakes Diving Guide" by Chris Kohl - You can get is on his website www.seawolfcommunications.com

Thats what I love about this board, you need information on Scuba away from home and all you got to do is get online on this board and there is someone in here who can give you the info you need just like Tavi and Ontario Diver just did. Good Stuff:thumb:

Yea, no kidding Rooster! Here comes The Rooster....

N 44'09.785 W 76'34.092
Sunday July 14, water temp 58' Vis 45+, depth 55
A fun beginner dive. We take most of our new O/W divers there for the last cert dive.

:wink:
Hey these are great dives for student divers. They both sit about 55 feet and can dived on the same dive. Usually there are alot of fish around them. be sure to go to the bow of the Aloha and look at the depth marks don't mind the zebra's. Both wrecks are located just out of Kingston Harbour (Portsmouth) not to far from nine mile point to the west of the island. I believe in line with a farm house on the island. This is a great dive after diving the George A. Marsh or Comet. Let me know if the sailboard is still on top of the Effie Mae. I haven't dived these wrecks since 1997 just before I moved down to Florida

I sure will let you know when i dive these!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom