Venice Beach Dive Sat Oct 29th??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody have any comments on what the vis will be for a Venice beach dive on Sat? Will there be any lasting effects from Wilma?

No telling. The wind has yet to completely settle down, so I wouldn't be hoping for a lot. I think there's every possibility that it'll be divable, though, if you don't mind low vis.

I dove Venice two days after Charlie last year and had great vis.

Thanks for the feedback - I hope you, our fellow divers and everyone else made it through Wilma safely.

a group from the villages scuba club are planning on diving venice on thurs.nov3 I know i it too soon for reports on viz. last time we went down I called the shop down there for info and they were NOT helpful, guess they want boat trips and are notthat interested in beach going traffic. soooo if anyone later on this week has info please post thanks.

seas were 3-5 off the beach today, generally speaking its like that all the way up to Venice 65 miles north of me, sooo.... it'd be churned up. The beach was quiet tonight though.

Are there lingering effects of red tide there? I've heard that we still have dead zones in the Gulf over here (Pinellas county).

will stay and lurk the next several days hoping someone will be at the beach early this week. 5 feet waves?? shoot, I just learned how to walk out when the water was flat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom