Pics from Komodo and the Lembeh Strait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Four pictures from last month's trip to Komodo and the Lembeh Strait. There are half a dozen more in my gallery.
lembeh_snakefish.jpg

lembeh_pygmy_seahorse.jpg

lembeh_blue_ringed_octopus.jpg

lembeh_nudibranch2.jpg

Pretty clearly you need a guide who is used to spotting these well-camouflaged creatures!

Thank you for sharing the pictures. We are going to Sulawesi next September, and I just get more excited about the trip as time goes on.

Yes, particularly in Lembeh, the guides were crucial. You will have a great trip--I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Very cool stuff!

Thanks Yoda. Thanks Leesa.

Is that a blue ringed octo? Beautiful coloring - scary little fello's though!

Thanks again guys. Yeah, that's a blue-ringed octopus. The more my strobes pissed him off, the bluer the rings got.

I'm never totally happy with my pictures after a trip (are any of us?), but I was pretty pleased with the shots I brought home this time. Mostly because of the great subject matter, but being able to put 35 dives together allowed me more time to work some of the kinks out of my technique. Now I have to figure out how to take three weeks of vacation again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom