Key West?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parrothead_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have had a trip planned to Key West for about six months now for November 2 - 6th.

We are still evaluating whether or not to go because of the recent hurricane. Our final decision is going to based on many things, but so far it looks like it is going to be a go.

The questions that I have are based on the idea that we were planning on diving on Thursday the 6th while we are there.

1) Has anybody heard anything about the condition of the reefs since Wilma?

2) If the reefs are still in decent condition, does anybody know of a dive boat that is operating? Or can you recommend one too check with?

Hey there, fellow Parrot-head. We are also going down to Mecca on 10/31 through 11/7. We will be staying at the Southernmost, and the concierge works the South Point Divers for KW dives. (They have a web-site) He said that the shop could also advise us on reputable dive operations in the middle and lower keys.

While MOTM is that week, we are not really involved as we are not in a club. We just love message in the music, and the spirit of the conchs. We are from South Jersey.

Hey NW,

Thanks for the responce. We are staying at the Cuban Club Suites on Duval. We are definately there mostly for MOTM as both my wife and I are on the Board for the OCPHC.

My buddy and I hoping to fit in a dive on Thursday morning before all of the festivities start. Because we all know that once the drinking starts, the diving stops....

If you find a dive operator that is up and running be sure to let me know, or if you schedule a dive trip for Thurday morning maybe we can meet up and join you.

Fins, Parrothead_Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom