Pt-15 help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B

Contributor
Reaction score
HI,

I hope you don't mind me posting this here, rather than in the oly forum...I am hoping more people see it.

I recently had to take the lens thread off my pt-15 to remove a dent that was preventing me from screwing on the wet mount lenses. That has now been fixed. When we took off the lens thread we also took out the lens and o-ring. I have Gilligan's instructions for how to do this with the pt-10, but I can't seem to get the lens and o-ring to go back in. It keeps cross threading. We have been trying for about 3hours now!!

If anyone has first hand experience with this, I would love some advice...any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
mel

I'm no help, but how is the project going?

mel, is it possible that when you strighted the dent that you maled the threads and sent them out of wack, i imagin that you have thought of this, but i thought id would ask?

Mel.B:
HI,

I hope you don't mind me posting this here, rather than in the oly forum...I am hoping more people see it.

I recently had to take the lens thread off my pt-15 to remove a dent that was preventing me from screwing on the wet mount lenses. That has now been fixed. When we took off the lens thread we also took out the lens and o-ring. I have Gilligan's instructions for how to do this with the pt-10, but I can't seem to get the lens and o-ring to go back in. It keeps cross threading. We have been trying for about 3hours now!!

If anyone has first hand experience with this, I would love some advice...any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
mel

It does sound like you may have made the lens ring out of round when you took out the dent. If so it will not go back on without damaging the housing threads in which case you will ruin the housing.
Try a little silicone grease on the threads but remember that will leave the ring looser if it works. You will have to be careful not to unthread it when you remove wet mount lenses.
If you can't get it back on I suggest you contact Yuzo and see if he has a new lens ring. Perhaps Olympus can send you one.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions. The lens thread was not affected as the dent was only on the outside part and it was the inside that was not threading on. Anyway, the good news is that my dad was able to make a device that pushed the o-ring and lens in and then we were able to screw the lens thread on without difficulty. I've had three dives on it over the weekend and its been perfect.

Thanks,
mel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom