Key Largo/Key West Update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptainNemo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Leaving wednesday November 2nd for the Florida Keys. This is the first time in years we will not be taking our own boat. Can anyone recommend a good operator for Key Largo and Key West? I want to take my newly certified girlfriend for a dive on French and Mollasses reef. Prefer a smaller boat and not the cattle type I dove on years ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also does anyone know the diving conditions after the recent Hurricane?

www.amoray.com in Key Largo. I love their boat, it's very stable. They will take you to Molassas Reef, and other dive sites including Christ in the Abyss.

The people there are wonderful and friendly. I will definitely go back!

If you're looking for a small boat and experience to boot....go with Quiessence.

www.keylargodiving.com

We were also referred to Quiesence when staying at Azul del Mar over Labor Day period 2004, but Hurricane Frances beat us to it - we were part of the "mandatory evacuation" from MM 100 up. One thing to note is I don't believe there is a marine head on any of the Quiesence boats, in case that's a consideration.

We evacuated to Key West - Subtropic and Captains Corner are two dive ops we'd definitely recommend highly. I didn't consider either operation a 'cattle boat' although Captain's Corner runs the biggest boat in the area - we got in dives when the other operators weren't running before Frances came ashore around Ft. Lauderdale. Subtropic ran a separate boat for just my wife & I to get to the Cayman Salvager - all the other divers went on their pontoon boat to go lobstering, and they were gracious to run a second boat for those of us who weren't there for lobstering - which was solely my wife and I that morning. Exceptional customer service.

Diver Lori:
If you're looking for a small boat and experience to boot....go with Quiessence.

www.keylargodiving.com

I'll second Quiessence. I like the small boats. I also like Divers City in Tavernier. If you are interested in wreck diving at all, these are the folks to go with!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom