HMCS Saguenay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebbtide

Reaction score
hey all
i recently dove on the wreck hmcs saguenay
and i must say that if you are in nova scotia
this is a must dive ,

the wreck lies in about 100 ft of water and is 366ft long she was 1 of canada's destroyers befor being decomisioned in 1992 she was sank on june 25 1994 in lunenburg harbour.
the visibality was about 60 to 80 ft and water was cold too at 52 deg f , she dosent have a whole lot of marien plant life on her yet but there are a bunch of sea anomenies and sea urchants about.
entry is limited to only a fiew rooms the hanger bay is open at both ends. 1 end only has a door way opened she is lying at a 60 deg starboard list
and she lies east to west , there is also a small current in the aera.

lunenburg was the birthplace of the schooner Bluenose and walking down the water front alot of atlantic sea going heretage can still be seen lunenburg is also the birthplace of the HMS Bounty replicathat was used to film the 1962 version of mutiny on the bounty with marlon brando .

i cant begin to say how mutch fun this trip was and that annother dive trip will be in plan for the Saguenay this summer as well as several more .
also the charter boat we were on that was skippered by Bill Flower was great and Bill is a welth of local histroy and knolage :D

Back
Top Bottom