1st dive at Ginnie Today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I made my first dive at Ginnie today. First we dove Ginnie and explored the cavern a little. It is a pretty cool hole. Then we went to the Devil's Eye System. I am just OW with no cavern or cave training. I must say there is nothing to see there unless you are going to go into the cave. I was pretty dissappointed. That made me what to get more training because it looked like there was lots to be explored in that underground rivers system. But for now I do not think I will return until I can go into the cave some.

I will be doing the Blue Grotto and Devils Den tomorrow. I am looking foward to both of those.

Feed the cat fish at the Devils den nice dive 1 or two times,ask to see the fosils on the wall,And Blue Grotto needs to be your first dive prior to all mixed up with classes,its got max viz sometimes! have fun!

You were like 1 day off from the Megadive, D'Oh!

Drifting the river from Devils Eye to the main basin is very cool. Key: Stay totally negative ride the bottom and look around for fossils.

Peace

Closest I found was beer bottles :) but I did find one that was still capped up which suprised the heck out of me.

Did you pop your head in the tannic water or estimate? We dove the river Saturday and there was 5-10' of visibility. It was dark and had one hellova red hue to it, but fairly clear - bring a light. Ran into some Bowfin and Gar during the trip :) lots of big ugly prehistoric lookin fishies!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom