Deepest Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMSAsia

Registered
Reaction score
John Bennett, who has the current Open Circuit Depth record (308m), will dive the Yamashiro in the Philippines at a depth of 210m, to make the World's Record Deepest Wreck dive on Open Circuit in August.

Mike:)

Does he have a web site?

I'm just curious as to where he found a dive buddy for a wreck dive that deep? He is diving with a buddy isn't he?
Seriously folks, I understand the reasons why this guy does these deep dives and I know that people like this have gathered valuable information in many different areas, however LOTS of them have died doing it, and I just don't see adding the danger of a wreck dive at 210m, isn't 210m dangerous enough. There just isn't anything to learn from this by throwing in the wreck as far as can tell....I wish him luck.

Originally posted by JT2
I'm just curious as to where he found a dive buddy for a wreck dive that deep? He is diving with a buddy isn't he?
Seriously folks, I understand the reasons why this guy does these deep dives and I know that people like this have gathered valuable information in many different areas, however LOTS of them have died doing it, and I just don't see adding the danger of a wreck dive at 210m, isn't 210m dangerous enough. There just isn't anything to learn from this by throwing in the wreck as far as can tell....I wish him luck.

Why Climb a moutain ? Because Its There
Why Go to the moon ? Beacuase Its there
Why Dive a deep wreck ? Becasue ITs There !!!!

wrong thread...sorry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom