Open water training in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TommyT

Registered
Reaction score
Is there any instructers doing December open water training in AZ? I have my class and pool session done need to get my Open water cert. Any Information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tom

Where in Arizona?

The reason I was asking is My son is in Fort Huachuca and he is a certified diver. He would enjoy some diving if you need a buddy and find a place to dive. He can be reached by email at jrharbis1@knology.net.
I don't know much, heck, I don't know anything about Arizona so you guys may be worlds apart. Anyway I hope you get in touch with someone.
Randy

Tommy, PM sent regarding OW cert.

As for Ft. Huachuca and Mesa, they're about 3-4 hour drive from each other.

Randy, does your son ever dive the lakes in the Phoenix area? We're up there on a regular basis and always welcome other divers to join us. Have him check out our website at the link just below my name.

One of you is driving about 3 hrs. to meet up. Probably Randy's son as the only realistic diving here is at Lake Pleasant, about 20min(45 from Mesa) north of Phoenix. If it's still running, there used to be a diveboat there. Although I haven't heard anything about it in a couple of years. Contact El Mar in Mesa, they'll know. Scuba Specialties is probably the closest divestore to Pleasant, divers from there do a Thurs. nite dive frequently.

Most of the LDS's do limited O/W certifications at Lake Pleasant. A lot more of it is done in SoCal or San Carlos MX, both are about 6hrs. driving time. Most of the bigger LDS's here have their own bus service to either location.

Pleasant will be cold in December, although Phoenix is mostly desert, most of the lakes are fed from snow melt - it's cold under the thermocline - so bring your 7mil.

Places to check with depending on your cert. agency:

Mesa:
www.elmar.com - PADI
www.saguarosports.com - PADI

Phoenix:
www.scubaspecialties.com - PADI
www.scubasciences.com - SSI
www.aquablue.com - SSI

Inland is the only NAUI store I know of here, I don't know if they do local dives. They're in Goodyear, west of Phoenix.

www.inlandwaterdivers.com

we'll be diving in november with saguaro sports, and i'm 99.99 % sure they will be offering certs in december. good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom