wheres the best place to dive in Ontario??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
I have recently read that although so much hype has been made about Tobermory, mainly I imagine cuz of good visibility, that the best diving in Ontario is in places such as long Point, Kingston, and Brockville with emphasis on Brockville. Any of you more familliar with these sites or with all of them please lets hear you 2 cents or more. :D

I really like diving in the Brockville/Kingston area. Why?

Easy to get to for me (only 1.5 - 2 hrs away)
Lots of wrecks (dredgers, schooners, lakers, etc)
Varied dive conditions (drift, deep, etc)
Shore dives available.

hmmm time to go diving I think! :D

I usually go diving in the Tobermory Area, I just got back from a trip to the long point area that I make several times a year. They both have good wrecks.

I have only been to Brockville three times in which I spent long weekends there diving as much as I could, usually three times a day. The fact that I can wear my warm water wet suit in brockville gets some big points. The several times I have gone the water was warm enough and there was no diff all the way to the bottem. The vis, I could still see the surface from 100 feet, which beets anywhere else I have dove. There seems to be many wrecks to choose from and there is a variety of skill levels to choose from.

I might say that Brockville would be at the top of my list but it is far away for me, I think like five hours or so. I have not dove there as much as I have dove other places so that also might slant my opinion.

I was just at the lds getting some tanks filled and was talking to some fellow divers in there that also said Brockville is Canadas Caribbean, warm water, good vis and good wrecks, and dives for different levels. I may have to make the trek in the coming weeks, I would also love to dive the straits of Mackinac....look good:)

Originally posted by Rooster1
I was just at the lds getting some tanks filled and was talking to some fellow divers in there that also said Brockville is Canadas Caribbean, warm water, good vis and good wrecks, and dives for different levels. I may have to make the trek in the coming weeks, I would also love to dive the straits of Mackinac....look good:)

If you do decide to travel to Brockville, let me know. It wouldn't take much to get a gang together to go diving (honest it wouldn't hehehe)

I like Kingston/Brockville better than Toby for a whole bunch of reasons - most of which were covered by DG above. I'd also add in that there is much more to do in you major overnight SIs .

I'm off tonight for dives with the club (american side wrecks on Sat, Cdn side on Sun) - nothing special no deep (maybe some penetration)

Originally posted by DivingGal

If you do decide to travel to Brockville, let me know. It wouldn't take much to get a gang together to go diving (honest it wouldn't hehehe)

I will let you know ahead of time diving Gal, I am running a busy schedule right now and will see how free time comes up.

Just did a mapquest driving directions deal and , Windsor to Brockville 694 km. ouch. hehehe

I will let you know ahead of time diving Gal, I am running a busy schedule right now and will see how free time comes up.

Just did a mapquest driving directions deal and , Windsor to Brockville 694 km. ouch. hehehe

Well it's sort of in the neighbourhood. I know what a busy schedule is like! A diving buddy and I have been trying since the begining of June to find a time when we're both free ... we're still looking.

Kingston 592 km. Nice drive in September, Great wrecks :D

Originally posted by divedude

Kingston 592 km. Nice drive in September, Great wrecks :D

actually divedude, maybe just maybe, since my summer vacation this year is the firs couple of weeks in September, so just maybe. hehehe:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom