Pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kf6cxf

Contributor
Reaction score
hi group,
does anybody knows a dive shop (near chandler,az) where you can use their pool for skill practice and gear check?

thanks,
jerome

I've been to El Mar at different times and have seen individual divers(not a class) doing something besides testing new gear.

Edit: Rob's probably right...

Not sure about the Phoenix area, but there is a shop in Tucson that will rent pool time for that. Another option is to do a refresher. You may not need it, but it will get you in the pool with your gear to practice skills. Or just meet me at Pleasant sometime. We can do what you need in shallow water and still get a dive in.

Steve, what you probably saw were DM or instructor candidates practicing skills.

sjspeck:
More than once? No. I've been to El Mar at times and seen individual divers(not a class) doing something besides testing new gear. Maybe call them.

thanks for the reply, i'll call them up.

Dive-aholic:
Not sure about the Phoenix area, but there is a shop in Tucson that will rent pool time for that. Another option is to do a refresher. You may not need it, but it will get you in the pool with your gear to practice skills. Or just meet me at Pleasant sometime. We can do what you need in shallow water and still get a dive in.

Steve, what you probably saw were DM or instructor candidates practicing skills.

i haven't tried the local lakes here in AZ, it would be great if we can buddy up sometime rob.

I think Ocean Planet lets anyone use their pool during their montly bbq/party. It's next Friday night.

kf6cxf:
i haven't tried the local lakes here in AZ, it would be great if we can buddy up sometime rob.

I'm usually at Lake Pleasant every couple of weeks or so during the week. Weekends are a little too "busy" there for me. I also head up to Lake Mohave every few months. My next trip to Pleasant is at the end of the month - 28-30. I'll be there during the day. Let me know if you're interested.

Dive-aholic:
I'm usually at Lake Pleasant every couple of weeks or so during the week. Weekends are a little too "busy" there for me. I also head up to Lake Mohave every few months. My next trip to Pleasant is at the end of the month - 28-30. I'll be there during the day. Let me know if you're interested.

i'm on my way back here from the bay area before those dates,i'll keep you posted.

Dive-aholic:
My next trip to Pleasant is at the end of the month - 28-30. I'll be there during the day. Let me know if you're interested.

I would be interested in perhaps doing a dive at lake pleasant. Only thing is I am from tucson and have no clue where lake pleasant is. Do you have a boat at lake pleasant that you go out on or are these shore dives? Also, what is the water temp in the lake? Would a full 7mm be warm enough?

jaydub:
I would be interested in perhaps doing a dive at lake pleasant. Only thing is I am from tucson and have no clue where lake pleasant is. Do you have a boat at lake pleasant that you go out on or are these shore dives? Also, what is the water temp in the lake? Would a full 7mm be warm enough?

I'm also in Tucson. Pleasant is pretty simply to get to. It's about a 3 hour drive for us. Just head west on I-10. You'll want to exit onto I-17 N in Phoenix. You'll drive about another 30 miles and exit onto Carefree Hwy, exit 223, heading west (left). About 12 miles down that road you'll find Castle Hot Springs Rd. A couple of miles before that is the turn off for the Marina; go past that. Turn right onto Castle Hot Springs and follow the signs to the payment booth. It's $5/vehicle. They'll give you a map to the park. Just make a right onto South Park Rd and a left onto Desert Tortoise Rd, then drive to the end of Desert Tortoise (it ends in the water). That's where I usually dive and meet with divers new to the lake. On days I'm there, just look for my big silver van. You can't miss it. We usually do shore dives and it's easy entry there. There's also a lot of activity there during the week, so occasionally "lost items" can be found in the water. The water temp was 68 deg last week. It might drop down a little more by then. A 7mm should be fine. Let me know when you plan on joining us. We might even be able to caravan up there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom