Eastern Gulf of Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceandvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone! There was an article in the St. Petersburg Times yesterday (11/4/05) about the South County Reef and the wreck of the tugboat Orange. I haven't been out in the Gulf recently (plans for later this month though) and I'm curious to know what, if any effect red tide has had on this site (are there any inverts left?). Anyone have first hand knowledge? How about the wreck of the Sheridan?

Thanks!

Vis is 8' to 10' with very little life but bait pods and some smaller fish are returning. A little better on the Sheridan/Blackthorn but still scarce. We're going out next Saturday (hopefully) The water should clear a bit by then.

Thanks for the info. I hope to get out there over Thanksgiving weekend (though next week would be nice too).

Would enjoy reading a trip report if you get out there next week... :)

CBulla:
Thanksgiving weekend? C'mon down to the Turkey Fry on Saturday!! Join us for some toothin! :D

I have plans to go out with friends that weekend (wreck and reef diving), but if those plans change, I just may venture that way with my buddy. Sounds like a lot of fun (I haven't been toothin' yet!) and it'd be great to meet some of the group. :thumb:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom