My Hurricane Wilma Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I finished editing my video footage from Hurricane Wilma in Fort Lauderdale into about a 7 minute movie.

It's in WMV format (Windows Media).

The video and commentary can be found at http://howardandmichelle.com/wilma

Included is the footage that the Sun Sentinel got from me, which shows the Broward County School Board building taking some serious damage.

If anyone was trying the site, and got an error... I had an internet connection issue with the server overnight... It's fixed now.

Nice job on the VIDEO!

Wow Glad your all ok! seems like as soon as the windows blow out and the wind gets in WAM! Seen you video on Sun Times paper too!
Our Pal Up in Boynton/Ocean Ridge shot some video on the inner coastal said all was cool until the last part of the storm passed then WAM! S___t hit the rotating oscilator!!
But the several $$$$ Grand He spent on huricane glass was worth it!

Just a few more weeks then its time to get down to Boynton and do some dives with you all!
Dive safe!
Brad

Thanks Brad. I appreciate the compliment.

If you're down before Dec. 1... We'll try to make a dive with you.

Howarde--
Padipro is VERY jealous of your setup. He had the same idea; took his dive camera and set it outside for part of the storm. Unfortunately, there was something wrong with it and he only got a couple minutes worth; definitely nothing as dramatic as yours!!

Looked similar to the stuff I saw through my hurricane windows aside from the building windows being sucked out.

Kbeck...

It wasn't my diving camera, it was just a little sony handycam... A good portion of the rainy stormy stuff was shot through the window. Before the eye passed, our windows were getting hammered by rain and wind... There was no way to even think about going outside until the wind shifted, and we were protected by the concrete wall on our balcony.

wow so thats what I missed, I slept through the entire thing then without power misses all the news footage.

howarde:
If you're down before Dec. 1... We'll try to make a dive with you.

Howarde,
Not sure if we met last year?
Sounds GREAT!
Count on it,
DM Kev know's me!
shore, boat, night I'm Game = will be down the 24th Turkey day then for 2-weeks, last week Keys.
Dive safe!
Brad

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom