Zeagle Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson

Koya Kap
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Saw it in the November issue of Scubadiving Mag.

Scott, what would make me buy your rig instead of an Halcyon Eclipse or Diverite bp/w brand. Whats the diff?

Been using a scout eversince I started diving and a zeagle envoy reg for that matter. I'm thinking of doing the switch to bp/w early next year. Thanks and would appreciate your thoughts.

clgsamson:

Scott, what would make me buy your rig instead of an Halcyon Eclipse or Diverite bp/w brand. Whats the diff?

Been using a scout eversince I started diving and a zeagle envoy reg for that matter. I'm thinking of doing the switch to bp/w early next year. Thanks and would appreciate your thoughts.

clgsamson,

Sorry, but Scott has been out of town, with little computer access. He's back tomorrow.

Here's some of my comments on another thread that is somewhat relevant.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=117936&page=2

Thanks for your business!

Chad

I currently own the Zeagle Concept II Pro BC, but I am looking at upgrading to the BP/W later next year. Can I use the bladder from my BC with the BP? I asked the question at my local Zeagle dealer and the answer I was because "the bladder is not big enough for doubles." I am not sure if the guy at my LDS knows what he was talking about or not. Any help would be great. Thanks

Sorry, I have been out of town for the last week...

The best advice I can give on a BP is to check out a few and pick one that works for you. When we designed ours, we took the things that many of our customers liked about other compaines plates, and changed some things that customers didn't like. I think we did a pretty good job of making a BP that works well for most people. Your thoughts may vary...:)

The Concept II bladder will bolt on to our backplate. It will be usable for a single tank. If you wish to dive doubles, you will need to get a "doubles capable" bladder.

Thanks,

Scott

PS--- I just got a Zeagle Tech BC and love it,,,,diving it right now with a PST E8-130 and it performs great.

clgsamson:

Having made and given some of the input into the Zeagle BP I can tell you that they pulled in and compared the designs of the Dive Rite, OMS, Halcyon and even Fred T BP's to name a few before they developed theirs.
The BP they came up with has proven to be a very adaptable piece of equipment. It can take any of the Zeagle Bladdes and a few of the other manufacters without any modifications. It can be used for all typical bladder applications for doubles cylinders. In fact you can even use the older Zeagle bladders. The head ache of traveling and matching up cylinder bands is non-existant with the Zeagle BP. They have even designed and developed a integrated weight system that can be used when single tank diving. They have Al and SS as well as Titanium (pricey on that one)
As we speak Zeagle is looking how to improve all their products and they will listen to the customers constructive comments.

the envoy reg has proven to be a great little reg, I have tested it to over 250 ft and it performed surprisely well

I have three Zeagle BP&W Rigs.

One Ally for my recreational single tank with the the 34lbs Elastic Bladder
One Steel for my twins with a little bertha dual 55lbs bladder
One Steel for my PRISM CCR with a 44lbs Bladder

All have standard Harness and the Inergrated weight pouches on them.

All are ideal for the situations I use them in.

Cheers
Chris

I have a Zeagle SS plate that I have been using for 2 years, there is a little discoloration to it, but it has been a great buy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom